Anyone have a 3-D printer?

These may turn out to be a limited edition. I will be at the meeting. I have about 50 of these in the translucent color. I had an over-temperature problem with my printer Saturday that required taking the hot end apart to replace the temperature sensor. Since then, I can't get the PETG to stick to the bed long enough to finish a print. I'll work on it during the week to see how I can get back to where I was a few days ago. In the meantime, here are some pics of these legs installed on a piece of white egg crate that I needed to make for some zoas. There is a little space that is lost in the corners the way they are designed.

IMG_7163.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7164.JPG
    IMG_7164.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 14
I'm going to need a bunch in 3 different heights. 40 2", 80 3" and 140 4"
This may be too many for you.

I will say I've used PVC for the racks in my last frag tank. It is cheap and does work but the one thing that happens when using hollow tube is detritus collects in the pipes. Another option would be to use 1/2" acrylic rod and cut them to size. But that sounds like a lot of work and a lot of room for error.

I will say I've used PVC for the racks in my last frag tank. It is cheap and does work but the one thing that happens when using hollow tube is detritus collects in the pipes. Another option would be to use 1/2" acrylic rod and cut them to size. But that sounds like a lot of work and a lot of room for error.
The acrylic rods isn’t a bad idea. I might just invest in a nice 3-D printer. There’s lots I could have used one for over the years.

The acrylic rods isn’t a bad idea. I might just invest in a nice 3-D printer. There’s lots I could have used one for over the years.
1/2" rod is $1.5-1.65 per foot. Colored is a litter more expensive. I worry about cutting the slots and breakage.

With everything I have going on right now a new 3d printer just isn't gonna happen anytime soon. I'd chip in on the supplies if you go that route though.

I have the ender2 and my brother has the tevo tornado. We have used then alot but have never used any filament but pla. I have seen a couple times I could have used abs but just never have even got a couple spools of it

Is there someone that is good with editing an stl file to create 2", 3", and 4" versions? I gave it a quick try and it scaled the cutouts as well. We would need to try each height and make sure they will work well. I think what might drive your choice is cost. As a rough estimate the one inch one is $0.3750, double that for the 2" price, $0.75, 3" should be about $1.12, and 4" $1.50. At that level, acrylic rods with a 3d printed adapter might be more cost effective.

Is there someone that is good with editing an stl file to create 2", 3", and 4" versions? I gave it a quick try and it scaled the cutouts as well. We would need to try each height and make sure they will work well. I think what might drive your choice is cost. As a rough estimate the one inch one is $0.3750, double that for the 2" price, $0.75, 3" should be about $1.12, and 4" $1.50. At that level, acrylic rods with a 3d printed adapter might be more cost effective.
I have access to Solidworks to draw stuff in 3D. Will that help?

I have access to Solidworks to draw stuff in 3D. Will that help?

Yes. I don't know Solidworks but I know you can import and export STL files. PM me an email address and I will send you the file, or you can download it from Thingiverse either way works. Basically, we need 3 files that add 1", 2", and 3" to the existing height of the model from the bottom.

I like the adapter thought! If they can be made at 1.5" and be hollowed out .5" at the bottom then make them however high you want them with acrylic or fiberglass rod.

I tried the black feet on my black acrylic this morning and would like more. ( They are perfect) These are about 1 1/4" can you make them taller, I would like to redue my 9' frag tank. I would like 36 -1 1/4 and 24 - 1 1/2. Please send me a price, Thanks, Holley

@Cook thank you again for these. I appreciate the time it took to make these. What kind of printer are you using? I’m thinking I might be buying sooner rather than later :)

I have a lot of PETG colors :D. I am going to make some of these this week. I got a 2nd printer last week, need to set it up, man I am lazy. I have had a sump for 2 months sitting there waiting to be installed.. WHY AM I SO LAZY on the weekends?

I have a lot of PETG colors :D. I am going to make some of these this week. I got a 2nd printer last week, need to set it up, man I am lazy. I have had a sump for 2 months sitting there waiting to be installed.. WHY AM I SO LAZY on the weekends?
Would be super cool if there were colors that are fluorescent under our blues....

Would be super cool if there were colors that are fluorescent under our blues....
I’m sure that there are. You can 3D print with most plastics, metals, clays, ...even wood.

Printing with a fluorescent acrylic for example shouldn’t be too difficult

Only until Coraline covered them...

Is it me or wouldn't you not want anything fluorescent besides the coral in there? I would imagine taking pics would be more difficult.

Back