Anyone have a 3-D printer?

I wanted to say " Thank You" to Brian for doing this, it is sooo much easier to snap the legs on then to cut the pvc legs, drill holes and fix the zip ties.

I totally missed this post! Glad the pieces were helpful and your frag racks look great Holley. Just getting back to 3D printing stuff again.

I had to move my printer with my 40G breeder frag tank setup and nothing would stick to the build plate afterwards. I believe that I am finally back up and running, I switched build plate surfaces which has made a big difference. I have continued to refine my own design that takes up only one square as well. The Coral Frag Rack Foot design by Tklb that started all of this is it's a very efficient design as far as filament usage. The cross attachment method also locks onto the eggcrate once they are installed.

IMG_7498.JPG

I can now add 6" height to the original frag legs list, So 1" 1.25", 2", 3", 4", and 6 inch. I could add others if someone needed something in between. My other design is working, but blocks a full square. I've come to realize that the originals do not.

I also have a new idea I am currently experimenting with. I like Abe's video (Coral Euphoria on youtube) of his "weird"way to mount corals. He has them mounted to a rock base that he epoxies a rod to so that he can insert them into his pre drilled live rock. I was looking at all the extra gear I would need for that, including a coral saw, when I decided to try 3D printing one. I'm going to test to see if an SPS frag will grow out onto one, but I don't see why not. I may go to an adapter idea so that people could just use the driveway markers from the big box stores, cut to length as needed, and glue on. This is PETG filament so it's reef safe. I want these to look somewhat organic, so currently I have 5 shapes with some slight variations in size.

I will be using these in my frag tank for some of the nicer SPS's I have that I want to grow out in colonies away from the coral munching Valentini in my 90 gallon my wife and son love.

IMG_7596.JPG

I have an update to my frag mountIng plate design. I have 5 different shapes now and the corals are definitely able to grow out onto the surface.
80933B86-39CB-4D93-B307-DBB3D6B0E9B7.jpegBDECAD1F-3A0A-4CDF-891D-942D8C22B7CB.jpegEA9EF7D6-0F73-49AC-85CF-A32640BB073D.jpegC673B059-CE06-42A9-8979-9A3017CDCB73.jpeg

I ordered an Original Prusa i3 MKS+ during the black Friday sale, I ordered it assembled as I am over spending 20 to 40 hours to assemble one and then being at the mercy of how well I built it for print quality. I decided to do this because I haven't been happy with the part to part consistency of my delta. I looked at the clones for a while, but decided to take the warranty and forum support Prusa provides. The frag leg adapters that use the marker rod need consistent tight tolerances and I wasn't happy with the part to part variation I was getting. For anything else, including the frag legs that use the cross design to hold the egg crate, my delta has been a great printer. If I find the time next year, I may try to rebuild the extruder section which is where the issue lies, the extruder is not fixed in place and the best I can do without redesigning the extruder housing is a single zip tie. The i3 is winging it's way to me sooner than I expected, I should be setting it up over the Christmas break.original-prusa-i3-mk3s-3d-printer.jpg

Wow - nice! I think you mentioned Prusa in an earlier post? I saw that yesterday and spent quite a while geeking out on their website. Looks like awesome stuff.

I’m trying to talk myself into the mini. Not the right time, but I need one to print parts for a CNC router

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

140 hours of printing later and I have a new enclosure constructed. I can say that I am back online now if anyone has any 3D printed needs.
Looking good Brian!

Do you think you could do these?

I'm going to need two to four 1" and three 3/4"

I have a 3/4 VCA that cracked where it attaches to the Loc-Line. I'd be happy to give it to you for reference. The VCA one looks a little different than these as both files look like they are lower profile than VCA's and that would be better for me.

Looking good Brian!

I have a 3/4 VCA that cracked where it attaches to the Loc-Line. I'd be happy to give it to you for reference. The VCA one looks a little different than these as both files look like they are lower profile than VCA's and that would be better for me.
If you can I would like some as well. Ill have to figure out what size.

Looking good Brian!

I should be able to do them yes. Sorry, work was busy today. I think I have both 3/4" and 1" loc line to test fit with. I'll have to confirm the 3/4".

Dude - this is amazing. I LOVE that one simple request/idea turned into someone helping so many people. This is simply awesome :D
You still able to make these? How much are they for 2” and 4”
Thanks!

I should be able to do them yes. Sorry, work was busy today. I think I have both 3/4" and 1" loc line to test fit with. I'll have to confirm the 3/4".
I fully understand being busy. Been a wild start to the year for me.

I have both sizes of loc line I'd be surprised if you had 1" it's not as common as 1/2 & 3/4". If you need a couple pieces let me know and I'll get them to you.

I took a closer look, the 1" stuff I have states "not loc line compatible", so I would need both sizes. I can print one of each to start.

Back