Anyone have a 3-D printer?

Only until Coraline covered them...

Is it me or wouldn't you not want anything fluorescent besides the coral in there? I would imagine taking pics would be more difficult.
Great point. Lol. I just love the shiny shiny.

I tried the black feet on my black acrylic this morning and would like more. ( They are perfect) These are about 1 1/4" can you make them taller, I would like to redue my 9' frag tank. I would like 36 -1 1/4 and 24 - 1 1/2. Please send me a price, Thanks, Holley
Just to confirm, the 24 you are asking for are only 1/4" taller? I figured out how to edit the Stl file so I can do it. Just let me know.

@Cook thank you again for these. I appreciate the time it took to make these. What kind of printer are you using? I’m thinking I might be buying sooner rather than later :)
@aestheticlibra ,They don't make my specific model anymore, it was a Kossel mini Delta printer kit that came from the UK. Kossel is open source, so you can still find the larger models for sale. If I did it over now, I might go with an Prusa i3 or a cheaper Chinese version depending on the budget.

I wanted a kit to assemble so I would understand how it works and didn't want to learn to solder. I spent about 60 hours putting it together 4 years ago and learned a lot the hard way. At the time, it was the first 32bit machine with auto leveling and a heated print bed. Now most all machines have these features.

To be honest, my printer has never printed as well as right now, because I had to make the time to fine tune it to deal with the PETG material. PETG is easier to print with with than ABS for the reef safe options , but both require a heated bed. You need good ventilation for PETG and especially for ABS.

Here is a pic of the printer and my favorite project so far aside from the reef stuff. My son loves Star Wars and we modified the Death trooper nerf gun to make it look more like the movie version for Halloween 2 years ago. Almost every part was found on Thingiverse.

Attachments

• IMG_7200.JPG
    IMG_7200.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7198.JPG
    IMG_7198.JPG
    457.2 KB · Views: 30
Just to confirm, the 24 you are asking for are only 1/4" taller? I figured out how to edit the Stl file so I can do it. Just let me know.
Yes the ones that are 1/4 longer go in my frag tank that has 3 compartments, I have the lights as high as they will go (still to much) so the short ones go there and the others will go in my tank for frag shows. Let me know how much I owe you. I can PP you friends and family or give you cash. This is a curiosity question. "What is the longest you could make the feet"? Thanks Holley

Yes the ones that are 1/4 longer go in my frag tank that has 3 compartments, I have the lights as high as they will go (still to much) so the short ones go there and the others will go in my tank for frag shows. Let me know how much I owe you. I can PP you friends and family or give you cash. This is a curiosity question. "What is the longest you could make the feet"? Thanks Holley
I can get you the total cost tomorrow. It won't be much more than for the standard height ones. As for how tall this design can be, it's a little more than the 1 1/2" inches you are asking for. There isn't enough surface area to keep the part firmly attached to the print bed higher than that. I have modified the design to add a small flare to the base that I am testing that should enable 2+ inches. I have a set of 4 printing tonight.

Pic of what happens when the leg falls over during a print, I could try some support options, but then that material has to be removed after each print. Here is my solution. Still some work to do, these prints aren't as clean as the unmodified feet, which I can fix. I iterated through several versions last night before choosing the smallest one that does the job. I'll have to try a 4" high one to see if the flare is enough to go that high.

IMG_7197.JPGIMG_7205.JPGIMG_7203.JPG

Pic of what happens when the leg falls over during a print, I could try some support options, but then that material has to be removed after each print. Here is my solution. Still some work to do, these prints aren't as clean as the unmodified feet, which I can fix. I iterated through several versions last night before choosing the smallest one that does the job. I'll have to try a 4" high one to see if the flare is enough to go that high.

I really like the flare idea.

After you finish these and you have some time could you look into standard height (Or as short as you can possibly make them) with a bottom hole 3/8" or 1/4" in diameter, 3/8" to 1/2" deep? I might even be interested in some feet 1/2" diameter at the base with the flare and a similar size hole in the top.
My hope is these would be easier and quicker to make. Then I can make them any height I want with acrylic or fiberglass rod.

The long flaired legs look nice, I would like 8 of the long ones. I know you have other people that want some too, so at your convenience. They look so much nicer than my gray pvc legs! Thanks, Holley

I really like the flare idea.

After you finish these and you have some time could you look into standard height (Or as short as you can possibly make them) with a bottom hole 3/8" or 1/4" in diameter, 3/8" to 1/2" deep? I might even be interested in some feet 1/2" diameter at the base with the flare and a similar size hole in the top.
My hope is these would be easier and quicker to make. Then I can make them any height I want with acrylic or fiberglass rod.

Proof of concept, takes up one square. I made this one a little too big and snapped the egg crate trying to fit it:

IMG_7216.JPGIMG_7217.JPG

@raz0945 - 1.25" frag legs are in process.

Attachments

• IMG_7245.JPG
    IMG_7245.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 18
Looking good, I've been cleaning out my frag tank and hunting my pieces of black crate. I'm so looking forward to NOT attaching the pvc legs with zip ties! Lol

@Cook - we should be filling DT tomorrow and will have a much better idea then of what height I will need for my skimmer stand. How much are you charging per each? Color doesn’t matter to me, I like the black or white equally.

@Cook - we should be filling DT tomorrow and will have a much better idea then of what height I will need for my skimmer stand. How much are you charging per each? Color doesn’t matter to me, I like the black or white equally.

Let me know the height and I can price it. I have a better option for a skimmer stand I believe. I made this one over the weekend for mine based off the adapter idea. For mine I only needed a 1" riser.

IMG_7219.JPG

Let me know the height and I can price it. I have a better option for a skimmer stand I believe. I made this one over the weekend for mine based off the adapter idea. For mine I only needed a 1" riser.
I like those too! Nice amount of bearing surface to spread the load more evenly.

View attachment 19418
Very nice!! Got it partially filled today. I will let you know. Thank you!

Back