Anyone have a 3-D printer?

I was just looking at the prusa i3. I'm thinking about the snapmaker 2.0. I would love to be able to 3d print,,laser engrave, and cnc with one machine. I already have so many hobbies that 3d printing will just add to the list of 'wants.' I'm trying to convince my wife that it's not another toy but actually something that makes new toys lol

i need some 3d printed parts... im looking for 7" sock silencer/ring to make them stay in the slot of my sump. can anyone help.

i need some 3d printed parts... im looking for 7" sock silencer/ring to make them stay in the slot of my sump. can anyone help.
Does this work?

Does this work?

Dude, this thread is gonna cost me! Lol
I could use a pair of those too. 🙂

I was just looking at the prusa i3. I'm thinking about the snapmaker 2.0. I would love to be able to 3d print,,laser engrave, and cnc with one machine. I already have so many hobbies that 3d printing will just add to the list of 'wants.

The Prusa i3 is on another level compared to my old delta printer. I have about a 1000 meters of filament through it (11.5 days if printing) and it’s very consistent. I had a wire break at about 200 hours from a pinched cable that I printed an alternate part for and resoldered. The powder coated bed is the difference for PETG also. I had so many issues with PETG either welding itself to other surfaces or not adhering well enough to survive the print. I can appreciate a multi purpose tool. A CNC would be on my list too, I don’t have the space and I already have a K40 CO2 laser i don’t use. I have a whole setup for making puzzles that I bought it for.

Ditto on Prusa! I have 3 in varying states of build plus a resin to mess with and a mini delta just collecting dust. Love this thread-reminds me I need to print a few petg parts for the nano. But the toddler makes life difficult.

I am trying to print with PETG for the first time. What are the settings you are using to get it to print clean, get good bed adhesion and not cool to quickly (developing wavy first couple layers)? This has been quite frustrating haha
What printer/bed type/filament brand and how are you cleaning the bed?

Ender 5. Heated bed with the Stock magnetic bed cover, Hatchbox PETG and alcohol wipes
I don’t recall the ender 5 bed but using alcohol to clean is too much for petg on mine-typically windex. Pics of what it’s doing?

I would also check the user groups specific to your printer. Petg is fun to get going but great once you nail it. Like most hobbies.

So my first print I got to adhere was printing multiples and it was real ugly but I let it complete just to see what it turned out like.
First print doing multiples
576A2285-D970-469C-AE97-EDDF4B286E68.jpeg
3F79D1C2-4A67-4A9A-A98E-D1F4464340B1.jpeg

so then I tried a single and adjusted some settings... better than the first. Going to tweak some more and try again.

25E79167-8050-4C9F-839A-943CD6127DFD.jpeg

So my first print I got to adhere was printing multiples and it was real ugly but I let it complete just to see what it turned out like.
First print doing multiples
View attachment 38522
View attachment 38521

so then I tried a single and adjusted some settings... better than the first. Going to tweak some more and try again.

View attachment 38523
Have you printed calibration models like the cubes or Benchy or is this that? I tend to use benchy as a benchmark for my printer regardless of filament type. Hits all the major areas.

Have you printed calibration models like the cubes or Benchy or is this that? I tend to use benchy as a benchmark for my printer regardless of filament type. Hits all the major areas.
Just this with PETG. I tend to just jump in and sink or swim. Haha I’ll take a look at benchy once the kids go to bed. Thanks for the tip.

Back