Aquarium items prices dropped

hnguyen

Market
Reaction score
FYI, aquarium specialty just dropped their mp40wes by $100. It's now $300. Look's like I'll be getting two of them.

Got an email from Salty Supply for the same thing but the price on their website is still 395... Pretty Sweet!

Nickh06;1006940 wrote: Got an email from Salty Supply for the same thing but the price on their website is still 395... Pretty Sweet!

I might take them a minute to update their website. I'll order from Aquarium Specialty since their a sponsor.

Hnguyen;1006941 wrote: I might take them a minute to update their website. I'll order from Aquarium Specialty since their a sponsor.

Me too, been wanting to try them out.

Nickh06;1006943 wrote: Me too, been wanting to try them out.

I love them, they are awesome power heads no matter what some may say. I've used them on every system I've owned since I learned about them.

Once I order these 2, I'll have 2 mp40 and 2 mp10 in my 90 gallon. Little overkill but I won't have to worry about flow.

Hnguyen;1006944 wrote: I love them, they are awesome power heads no matter what some may say. I've used them on every system I've owned since I learned about them.

Once I order these 2, I'll have 2 mp40 and 2 mp10 in my 90 gallon. Little overkill but I won't have to worry about flow.

wow that is a lot of flow. I have a 90 too but currently running mp10 and mp40. What return pump are you running?

I'm running a little giant model 4 return pump, it's rated around 1200 gph I believe. On top of that I have 2 mp10 on the sides and 2 tunze nano stream on the back panel. I plan to move the 2 mp10 to the back panel and put the mp40 on the sides. That will allow me to run them around 30-40% instead of 70% I currently have my mp10 at right now.

Hnguyen;1006944 wrote: I love them, they are awesome power heads no matter what some may say. I've used them on every system I've owned since I learned about them.

Keep going and you will have to worry about seeing the inside of the tank and hearing protection :tongue:. j/k I guess the market share isn't what it was. They may get down a little more with the other choices out there.

I figured it was only a matter of time.until they drop their prices. Just wasn't expecting it would take YEARS for that to happen. I'm happy to see them have good competition as it will drive them to lower their prices. Being a vortech fan, it works out for me.

Hnguyen;1006960 wrote: I figured it was only a matter of time.until they drop their prices. Just wasn't eqting it would take YEARS for that to happen. I'm happy to see them have good competition as it will drive them to lower their prices. Being a vortech fan, it works out for me.

Glad this happen Hoang and we didn't exchanged anything! If you follow me!

Price on the MP60 'sshould remains the same as I don't see the same GPH powerhead that could match that (quality, performance, etc)

Yeah, I had thoughts of another until my wife looked at how much our cruise this summer will cost us lol! Oh well, maybe for Christmas!

RedStang;1006970 wrote: Yeah, I had thoughts of another until my wife looked at how much our cruise this summer will cost us lol! Oh well, maybe for Christmas!

Tell her it's on sale!!

Hnguyen;1006971 wrote: Tell her it's on sale!!

:lol2:

Declanisadog;1006973 wrote: So an MP40 is $15 more than an MP10 now....

Yeah. Have to wonder if those will drop down in price too. Honestly, for my 60 cube, an MP10 makes more sense than another MP40. Then again, even if they dropped the MP10wES to $200, I'd probably just spend another $100 and get the 40!

A few things have dropped in price drastically. The IM Nuvo 40 are now only 350 and mp40 are 300. Is this a coincidence or was the price drop due to something?

EcoReefGuy;1007014 wrote: A few things have dropped in price drastically. The IM Nuvo 40 are now only 350 and mp40 are 300. Is this a coincidence or was the price drop due to something?

I'm fairly sure the MP40 is due to competition. The Gyre and upcoming Neptune WAV power heads are similar in cost to where the MP40 is now. AS someone else mentioned though, kind of hard to justify an MP10wES when you can get the MP40wES for $15 more...

What about the innovative marine aquarium lines? It seems that everything I bought has dropped 30%

Hnguyen;1006941 wrote: I might take them a minute to update their website. I'll order from Aquarium Specialty since their a sponsor.
Ecotech Marine has price regulating, so they should be the same price from any distributor or sponsor, FYI.

They have a limited quantity. It says sale, could be a new price point though.

No idea on them. But, if it makes you feel better, I bought an MP40 in September lol!

Back