Aquarium items prices dropped

1007665=58624-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421087643.489384.jpg
>
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421087643.489384.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

I traded in my big f250 in and got this. Pretty awesome car for being a dodge. Sure does fly

PFCDeitz;1007665 wrote:
>
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421087643.489384.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

I traded in my big f250 in and got this. Pretty awesome car for being a dodge. Sure does fly

That is one sweet looking dodge, what year?

:eek:fftopic: we talking about cars here, thank you very much!!
RedStang;1007670 wrote: Did anyone hear that the MP40 dropped to $300?!!!!

:lol2:

dball711;1007672 wrote: That is one sweet looking dodge, what year?

2008 srt8 super bee. # 938 of 1000.

Very rare car it's why I got it but I do miss my tow pig

View attachment 58625
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1007685=58625-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421092378.405928.jpg
>
1007685=58625-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421092378.405928.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421092378.405928.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

That red BMW above is pretty sweet! Though I think the only car I would trade my GTR in for is the new Supra
...if it ever comes out.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1007686=58626-uploadfromtaptalk1421092567330.jpg
>
1007686=58626-uploadfromtaptalk1421092567330.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1421092567330.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Hnguyen;1007662 wrote: My daily driver for work is a 2014 passat tdi. It has 160 hp but gets nearly 800 a tank. At times I feel I have to put my foot through the floor and start paddling to get it moving fast. So when I drive the M, I drive it like an M.

That right there! I like to drive my car how it's meant to be driven. If that means I have to deal with 9 MPG, so be it.

EcoTech: Awesome company. The MP40 is what, 10 years old now? That's a SOLID run. Knowing ETM, I'm betting they have a new model in the pipeline, hence the price drop.

Comparing this to cars, BMW doesn't drop their prices whenever Hyundai comes out with a car with similar features (features, not quality). The BMW consumer doesn't care; s/he's buying the brand sh/he wants, trusts, & likes.

Skriz;1007699 wrote: That right there! I like to drive my car how it's meant to be driven. If that means I have to deal with 9 MPG, so be it.

EcoTech: Awesome company. The MP40 is what, 10 years old now? That's a SOLID run. Knowing ETM, I'm betting they have a new model in the pipeline, hence the price drop.

Comparing this to cars, BMW doesn't drop their prices whenever Hyundai comes out with a car with similar features (features, not quality). The BMW consumer doesn't care; s/he's buying the brand sh/he wants, trusts, & likes.

:thumbs:

I bought my two, MP40's five years ago, and added a used mp10 (bought a fews ago) when I upgraded my tank. They still run great!

I bought a Jaebo 40 with controller on a group buy here for my saltwater mixing station which runs 2-3 days a week, and after 1 year the controller shorted out and sparked dangerously. I through it out then and there.

I think is all a matter of perception as well. While I absolutely love driving a BMW, I don't have any more trust in one than I do many of the far less expensive automobiles out there. I've owned GM products that lasted over 300,000 mile with less than $1500 worth of repairs the entire time. But to fully enjoy a car of the caliber that you all speak of in everyday driving, would you not have to break laws and possibly endanger others? Perhaps a status symbol and that is ok as well, nothing wrong with that if you perceive that as important.

grouper therapy;1007724 wrote: I think is all a matter of perception as well. While I absolutely love driving a BMW, I don't have any more trust in one than I do many of the far less expensive automobiles out there. I've owned GM products that lasted over 300,000 mile with less than $1500 worth of repairs the entire time. But to fully enjoy a car of the caliber that you all speak of in everyday driving, would you not have to break laws and possibly endanger others? Perhaps a status symbol and that is ok as well, nothing wrong with that if you perceive that as important.

Yes you probably do have to break some laws to fully enjoy it. I know I do when the time and situation is right (whether it's really right or not is another topic).

Nothing to do with status for me. I'm not in any social circles whatsoever for that to matter. I'm German and love my German engineering. Driving is fun to me; especially after driving a boring tundra around all day for work.

Ralph ATL;1007723 wrote: I bought my two, MP40's five years ago, and added a used mp10 (bought a fews ago) when I upgraded my tank. They still run great!

I bought a Jaebo 40 with controller on a group buy here for my saltwater mixing station which runs 2-3 days a week, and after 1 year the controller shorted out and sparked dangerously. I through it out then and there.

But you could buy 53 of those jaebos for the price of a vortech!!

grouper therapy;1007724 wrote: I think is all a matter of perception as well. While I absolutely love driving a BMW, I don't have any more trust in one than I do many of the far less expensive automobiles out there. I've owned GM products that lasted over 300,000 mile with less than $1500 worth of repairs the entire time. But to fully enjoy a car of the caliber that you all speak of in everyday driving, would you not have to break laws and possibly endanger others? Perhaps a status symbol and that is ok as well, nothing wrong with that if you perceive that as important.

Since I'm a law abiding citizen, I'll speak on behalf of a friend..he loves to fully enjoy his car and violates speed laws 90% of the time (10% being residential and school zones).

I don't think cars have much to do with status. I've never met a successful person of "status" perceive his/her cars or others' cars as any indicator of said status. Take Warren Buffet, for example. He still lives in his $150k home in Omaha, where he can clearly afford more. Sam Walton famously drove his old truck. And I'm sure we've all known someone with a 'fancy' car who can barely afford the ramen noodles he had for lunch.

tonymission;1007731 wrote: But you could buy 53 of those jaebos for the price of a vortech!!

Lol!

Skriz;1007736 wrote: Since I'm a law abiding citizen, I'll speak on behalf of a friend..he loves to fully enjoy his car and violates speed laws 90% of the time (10% being residential and school zones).

<span style="color: Red">I don't think cars have much to do with status.</span> I've never met a successful person of "status" perceive his/her cars or others' cars as any indicator of said status. Take Warren Buffet, for example. He still lives in his $150k home in Omaha, where he can clearly afford more. Sam Walton famously drove his old truck. And I'm sure we've all known someone with a 'fancy' car who can barely afford the ramen noodles he had for lunch.

Lol!
Even with the sarcasm, sadly that is probably the absolute truth. Thanks for sharing.
<span style="color: Red">STATUS</span>
Neither do I ,as far as I am concerned status has absolutely nothing to do with monetary wealth. I have though worked for with some very wealthy people and quite a few candidly told me that while some of their material possessions were investments and personal enjoyment, many were simply expected of them by their "financial" peers.
And I agree with you that many of the extremely wealthy do not view items such as cars as symbol of status or as a measure of success. It often seems to be among those who want to be viewed as wealthy when in fact they are not. While in the custom stair business my experience was for the most part very pleasant with the very wealthy and not so much with the want to be or those with inflated Egos. Of course I would never attach that definition to any one in our beloved circle here.

tonymission;1007731 wrote: But you could buy 53 of those jaebos for the price of a vortech!!

53 chances of burning down my house is not worth it, sorry!

Ralph ATL;1007740 wrote: 53 chances of burning down my house is not worth it, sorry!
At least you could smell the smoke ! You would never here the tornado coming over the Vortechs. I mean it is their name.

Skriz;1007736 wrote:
I don't think cars have much to do with status.

That all depends on the person. Personally, I will buy a car for me, not how I want others to perceive me. I'm selfish that way lol!

I'm sure we've all had friends/acquaintances though who bought a car as a status symbol. I guess some people are impressed are awed by a person who owns a very nice or expensive car. Me? I'm just happy for them lol!

grouper therapy;1007744 wrote: At least you could smell the smoke ! You would never here the tornado coming over the Vortechs. I mean it is their name.

Did you say something?

Back