Aquarium items prices dropped

Skriz;1007699 wrote: That right there! I like to drive my car how it's meant to be driven. If that means I have to deal with 9 MPG, so be it.

EcoTech: Awesome company. The MP40 is what, 10 years old now? That's a SOLID run. Knowing ETM, I'm betting they have a new model in the pipeline, hence the price drop.

Comparing this to cars, BMW doesn't drop their prices whenever Hyundai comes out with a car with similar features (features, not quality). The BMW consumer doesn't care; s/he's buying the brand sh/he wants, trusts, & likes.

As someone who works at a Hyundai dealer I can tell you that lots of BMW and Mercedes owners trade them in for a Genesis or an Equus. I can tell you the 15 Genesis is on par with a bmw or E class. Add in the 5.0 GDI with 425 plus hp and its a fun ride. Equus still has a ways to go to compete with an S class however.

1mbrews8;1007686 wrote: That red BMW above is pretty sweet! Though I think the only car I would trade my GTR in for is the new Supra
...if it ever comes out.

Can't go wromg with the GTR, especially the color combo you have!

stacy22;1007645 wrote: Jesse or Hoang, when you get an I8 please take me for a ride. :D

I wish, unfortuntely I only dig into the bank account for investment grade motor vehicles. I just can't stomach the depreciation on new vehicles... Especially at that margin.

Aside from that Stacy, I will offer you a ride in my newly repossessed 2005 Mercury Mountaineer. Fresh from an apparent booze cruise complete with debauchery and flakes of medical marijuana or so I'm sure he'll claim :wow2: worthless piss ant he is.... Girlfriends son that is.

DawgFace;1007765 wrote: I wish, unfortuntely I only dig into the bank account for investment grade motor vehicles. I just can't stomach the depreciation on new vehicles... Especially at that margin.

Aside from that Stacy, I will offer you a ride in my newly repossessed 2005 Mercury Mountaineer. Fresh from an apparent booze cruise complete with debauchery and flakes of medical marijuana or so I'm sure he'll claim :wow2: worthless piss ant he is.... Girlfriends son that is.
Tell it all brother don't hold nothing back!!:)

You can tell the people who buy high end vehicles yet don't drive them like that are probably more into it for the status. Now that doesn't apply to caddies, certain bmw/Benz as they're more for luxury cruising. The guy with the super fast car and upgraded engine and all that and driving 5 under the limit drives me nuts!!

grouper therapy;1007724 wrote: I think is all a matter of perception as well. While I absolutely love driving a BMW, I don't have any more trust in one than I do many of the far less expensive automobiles out there. I've owned GM products that lasted over 300,000 mile with less than $1500 worth of repairs the entire time. But to fully enjoy a car of the caliber that you all speak of in everyday driving, would you not have to break laws and possibly endanger others? Perhaps a status symbol and that is ok as well, nothing wrong with that if you perceive that as important.
You're telling me that a Toyota will take a hit just as good as a BMW? You are gravely mislead. BMW goes far past what is required by the government in terms of crash survivability. My brother in law driving a 2006 330i picked a fight with a cement truck and lost. It turned his sedan into a convertible. Neither he nor his passenger were wearing seat belts. Although he sustained massive head injuries, he survived. His passenger on the other hand walked away unhurt.

I was driving a 2000 328xi and was rear ended by a freight truck. He hit me hard enough to ram me into the Toyota Camery in front of me. I had my sunglasses on my face at time of impact, they ended up in my back seat somehow. I walked away unharmed but the 3 people in the Toyota all went to the hospital.

In 2013, I was driving my 2011 M3 and was hit on the rear fenders by a car who was hit by the car next to him. It spun me out while I was "illegally" driving 80 mpg down I85. I went straight into the concrete barrier to a dead stop. All but 1 airbag deployed, fluids dripping everywhere along with smoke from all the airbags. My wife, my nephew, my sister in law and myself walked away with a scratch on us.

You may not trust them over any other cheaper made car but I tell you what. I sure as heck do.

Status? If my car were my status, I'd drive it every day instead of storing it in my garage all week long.

grouper therapy;1007744 wrote: At least you could smell the smoke ! You would never here the tornado coming over the Vortechs. I mean it is their name.
That's funny, I'm sitting right next to my tank with the vortechs running at 70% and can't hear a thing. Something must be wrong with my ears.

Oh a note no where on topic, I just found out vortech dropped the price on their mp40wes by 100 bucks. I just ordered 2 of them. Good thing I have my custom hearing projection made by my local gun club handy. I'll need them if their as loud as some claim them to be.

Hnguyen;1007789 wrote: You're telling me that a Toyota will take a hit just as good as a BMW? You are gravely mislead. BMW goes far past what is required by the government in terms of crash survivability. My brother in law driving a 2006 330i picked a fight with a cement truck and lost. It turned his sedan into a convertible. Neither he nor his passenger were wearing seat belts. Although he sustained massive head injuries, he survived. His passenger on the other hand walked away unhurt.

I was driving a 2000 328xi and was rear ended by a freight truck. He hit me hard enough to ram me into the Toyota Camery in front of me. I had my sunglasses on my face at time of impact, they ended up in my back seat somehow. I walked away unharmed but the 3 people in the Toyota all went to the hospital.

In 2013, I was driving my 2011 M3 and was hit on the rear fenders by a car who was hit by the car next to him. It spun me out while I was "illegally" driving 80 mpg down I85. I went straight into the concrete barrier to a dead stop. All but 1 airbag deployed, fluids dripping everywhere along with smoke from all the airbags. My wife, my nephew, my sister in law and myself walked away with a scratch on us.

You may not trust them over any other cheaper made car but I tell you what. I sure as heck do.

Status? If my car were my status, I'd drive it every day instead of storing it in my garage all week long.

That's funny, I'm sitting right next to my tank with the vortechs running at 70% and can't hear a thing. Something must be wrong with my ears.

Oh a note no where on topic, I just found out vortech dropped the price on their mp40wes by 100 bucks. I just ordered 2 of them. Good thing I have my custom hearing projection made by my local gun club handy. I'll need them if their as loud as some claim them to be.

I should have clarified in terms of trust I was referencing dependability. Safety wise I'm sure they are top of the line no doubt. Although some of the lesser expensive cars fare well in impacts as well.
So far as your hearing that doesn't count with you. You've been running that whining saw stop:tongue:

And just to clarify. I never heard a loud Vortech but I've never heard a quite one either.

Hnguyen;1007789 wrote: You're telling me that a Toyota will take a hit just as good as a BMW? You are gravely mislead. BMW goes far past what is required by the government in terms of crash survivability. My brother in law driving a 2006 330i picked a fight with a cement truck and lost. It turned his sedan into a convertible. Neither he nor his passenger were wearing seat belts. Although he sustained massive head injuries, he survived. His passenger on the other hand walked away unhurt.

And yet, there I sat in my craptastic Ford Fiesta(I will never get an econobox for a 45 mile one way commute ever again. It is not worth the savings) when a Kia Optima slammed into us hard enough to push us into the truck ahead of us hard enough to deploy the airbags. Cop estimated he was doing 35-45mph while we were at a dead stop. And we all walked away. Of course, I did have to have neck surgery 6 months later but this thing is an egg shell to begin with. With car accidents sometimes I think it's just luck. But most manufacturers have made major strides.

grouper therapy;1007801 wrote: And just to clarify. I never heard a loud Vortech but I've never heard a quite one either.

Any time I think my MP40 is loud I always find out it's an mj in the sump vibrating against something. I need to find some silicone matting so I can zip tie the blasted things around those pumps.

grouper therapy;1007770 wrote: Tell it all brother don't hold nothing back!!:)

Just kinda came out.

But grouper good news I got your back as well, offers good and extended your way as well. Just don't let the smell and sight distract you, its just a ride mang.

As good as this offer sounds bad news is I'm going to have to place an expiration on this offee. Well make it good for a straight up month. No telling if the thing will last longer unfortunately.

FWIW I have had Jebao and used Vortechs. In the last two weeks I have mailed two different used Vortechs in for service and they were returned without charging me for shipping. Today the invoice noted a $75 charge for a new wetside -$75.00 for the wetside. The pump in question is way out of warranty and I am the second owner.

I have no doubt Vortech is the best if you can afford it and their customer service is second to none. I like my Jebaos but they are not Vortechs and my tank shows it, especially with dead spots. The Jebaos will go back into storage until needed to sub for the finicky Vortechs again.

Back