Ataptasia...file fish, peppermint, or Ataptasia X

Can Atptasia X be put on atptasia attached to one of my zoas safely?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Just used the aptasia last night.. and passing by the tank this am it looks as if they are all gone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

jtsreef;1085102 wrote: Just used the aptasia last night.. and passing by the tank this am it looks as if they are all gone

It seems to kill everything that is treated. my issue has been finding all of them since mine are still small. it has be3n a couple of days since my last treatment and last night I saw none. mine dod not grow to the size yours had grown, but i am guessing you may have the same issue with new sprouts given how large yours were

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Aptasia x is kicking butt. And now that I got that dang wrasse caught I can get back up peppermint shrimp

I've tried a lot of different options and here are my experiences...

Aptasia-X - Did nothing. May have killed a few so for spot treatment it might be ok. It seemed like it just ticket off the aptasia enough to spread spores around the tank.

Reef Napalm - Worked really well. If you're religious about using it it will do the trick.

Peppermint shrimp - Hit or miss. I've picked them up from a few different stores and only one store seems to carry aptasia eating peppermints. They destroyed my small population of aptasia then my wrasse ate them. Second time around they didn't make a dent in the aptasia.

File fish - I just picked this guy up last week so it's in QT but I've put rubble in the tank covered in aptasia and they're all gone within 24hrs. Another week in Qt then it's killing time.

babies keep coming back but I do not have time right now to manage a small fish through quarantine so it looks like I will be treating them once a week

I posted thie in another forum, but it should be here...

I bought 2 peppermints a week ago, losing one before opening the bag. The ine peppermint did not touch the aptasia all week.

I picked up 2 more peppermints Sunday from a different lfs to see if they were any different. Within 30 seconds of dropping 2 more peppermints in my tank yesterday, all 3 were eatting aptasia! I went on an aptasia mission for 90 minutes today since my 3 peppermints slowed down their feast and the tank was covered in small aptasia. Hopefully they can keep up now.

Well my new file fish doesn't look like its eaten a single aptasia in the tank. I think it's stressed from the tank mates.

SaltWaterWannabe;1087868 wrote: I posted thie in another forum, but it should be here...

I bought 2 peppermints a week ago, losing one before opening the bag. The ine peppermint did not touch the aptasia all week.

I picked up 2 more peppermints Sunday from a different lfs to see if they were any different. Within 30 seconds of dropping 2 more peppermints in my tank yesterday, all 3 were eatting aptasia! I went on an aptasia mission for 90 minutes today since my 3 peppermints slowed down their feast and the tank was covered in small aptasia. Hopefully they can keep up now.

Where did you get yours?

I see no aptasia atm:) However, I also have not seen my cleaner shrimp since adding the 2nd and 3rd peppermint. I am not sure it is related, but he is always out and puts in a good show at feeding

Best luck I have had is pep shrimp. I just bought a couple from Premier Aquatics, about 3 months ago. 3 days later all aptasia were gone.

My peppermits seem to be eating my plate. At first, my goby was covering the plate, filling its mouth with sand. After I blew out the sand a few times, my peppermints started picking inside of its mouth. The plate has started losing color and has not openned since being covered with sand. I dipped it in Reef Dip today, but am wondering if tjere is any hope for the plate.

added....All params in check as of this morning as well, so the params do not seem to be an issue

I no longer have aptasia...yay! I also no longer have a brain, plate, acans or, cleaner shrimp. I sentenced the 2 peppermints I could find pummelling my corals to a life of exile in my qt tonight. Quite frustrating. I am not moving up in tanks if this stuff keeps happening.

SaltWaterWannabe;1089748 wrote: I no longer have aptasia...yay! I also no longer have a brain, plate, acans or, cleaner shrimp. I sentenced the 2 peppermints I could find pummelling my corals to a life of exile in my qt tonight. Quite frustrating. I am not moving up in tanks if this stuff keeps happening.

Are there treatments or recomendations that may save the corals? The acans are missing their centers. The plate seems to be in similar shape with the mouth looking wider than it should. One end of the brain is different than the other end and looks eaten. All are at least half white.

All params are good.

Back