Ataptasia...file fish, peppermint, or Ataptasia X

FutureInterest;1090467 wrote: Having an ATO is not required for a biocube skimmer as you don't put the skimmer in the third chamber where the water volume changes. That being said it is wise to have one generally as it will help your tank from having large salinity swings. I always had good luck with the DIY topoffs that have at least 2 switches.

As for the skimmer it's a generic skimmer of some sort. Again, it just came with the used biocube I bought years ago... Its new and yours for free if you want it. It will fit in the biocube and you can close the lid. Let me know and I can bring it along.
I will certainly try it for free and am very thankful for the offer. I am fine with ordering a Hydor Nano Skim if yours will not fit in the first chamber since I have a fair amount of media in the second chamber already. Will it fit in the first chamber and is it a needlewheel style?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Over the past couple weeks, I've noticed less and less aptasia in the tank. I think the file fish is starting to make a dent in my infestation.

I have good luck with peppermints cleaning up the small ones and using a Kalk mix on the big ones.

Have u read this
showthread.php

Back