Disaster

declanisadog

Market
Reaction score
Power went out at my house for about 15 mins. When it kicked back on, my awesome jebao dosing pump emptied 30 or so oz of calcium and alk into my 40gallon total water volume system.

First off, I expect pretty much everything in my tank to be dead when I get home from Petland (didn't have anything mixed and this is quicker). Secondly, jebao owners beware. The pumps were working great until now. Third, **** the fish store. I called and explained my situation and they wouldn't stay open an extra ten minutes to help me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that Benjamin. I expect nothing back but good service from sponsors, but I would really hate to be a frequent costumer and get back that from them, if they recognize a good costumer they should help out. Disasters happens and we're not always ready to take action. Hope not all is lost.

Declanisadog;1022795 wrote: Power went out at my house for about 15 mins. When it kicked back on, my awesome jebao dosing pump emptied 30 or so oz of calcium and alk into my 40gallon total water volume system.

First off, I expect pretty much everything in my tank to be dead when I get home from Petland (didn't have anything mixed and this is quicker). Secondly, jebao owners beware. The pumps were working great until now. Third, **** the fish store. I called and explained my situation and they wouldn't stay open an extra ten minutes to help me out.

I wonder if there was a big power surge when the power came back on. Was the doser on a surge protector?

Now I have one more thing to worry about.

when I set mines up I thought about accidental dosing so I kept turning off power and then back on but it never did anything like that.

Sorry to hear about that.

Tell me i don't need to worry about this.Is it the DP-4.

Atlanta Aquarium;1022807 wrote: We are open till 7:00pm if you need water or anything.

Wish you were closer. I did a 75% water change and plan on doing the same tomorrow

Declanisadog;1022795 wrote: Power went out at my house for about 15 mins. When it kicked back on, my awesome jebao dosing pump emptied 30 or so oz of calcium and alk into my 40gallon total water volume system.

First Im really sorry and I hope your system will be ok. Any idea how high you spiked your Alkalinity or Calcium levels?
This really good to know. I run my Jaebo Doser which is connected to an Apex and powers off when the pH meter that is downstream of dosing exceeds 8.5 for more than 2 mins. It was the only way I could put a safety net in while running an independent Doser.

6b08d5234fdc4baf16520d6a25fe28eb.jpg
alt="" />

Here's what it looked like before the water change. I was upstairs doing some work and my wife called me saying there was something up with the fish tank.

It was a dp-4 and it wasn't on a surge protector.

Declanisadog;1022832 wrote:
6b08d5234fdc4baf16520d6a25fe28eb.jpg
alt="" />

Here's what it looked like before the water change. I was upstairs doing some work and my wife called me saying there was something up with the fish tank.

Ouch forget I asked. I suspect it unloaded both at the same time?

Keep an eye on pH. I've seen tanks like that fully recover. There is a section in this article that talks about over dosing. http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-07/rhf/">http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-07/rhf/</a>
-Nick

Yep. Strangely it only did those two and not the vodka. When I drained the tank the corals all looked surprisingly well. We'll see how it all looks on the morning, but I'm not optimistic. From now on I'm only putting a couple days worth in the dosing containers just to be on the safe side. We'll see how good jebao's customer service is in the morning

Fishdude;1022839 wrote: Keep an eye on pH. I've seen tanks like that fully recover. There is a section in this article that talks about over dosing. http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-07/rhf/">http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-07/rhf/</a>
-Nick[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping an eye on everything. Thanks for the link. I'm going to do another huge water change after work tomorrow and the I'll go from there

Think I am going to program in a delay should the apex have a power lose. I have my Doser on an apex outlet programmed on at all times. A fallback off with a delayed start might just do the trick.

what size water change did u do? what all did u do after you found it..? I hope it all works out for the best

Dang Ben, that stinks but I've got my fingers crossed for you!

My tanks been over dosed pretty bad and pulled through like a champ, so stay positive.

Update us please!

Thanks everybody. I did a 70-80%water change last night and I plan on doing another one like that today. They water is still super cloudy. All the coral I can see look ok, and when I drained it last night, nothing looked too bad.

Declanisadog;1022795 wrote: . Third, **** the fish store. I called and explained my situation and they wouldn't stay open an extra ten minutes to help me out.

Sucks about the overdose. While it would have been cool of them to accommodate you, I don't think it deserves a FU because they didn't stay open late.

Back