From Tree to Furniture

rededge2k1

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey gang --

Long time no talk. I still lurk these forums but am still without a tank, so not much to report there. Maybe when I upgrade to a "real" house I will put something in the wall!

I haven't built any aquarium stands in quite a while, but I do want to share some pictures of my latest woodworking endeavor. This is a mud room bench and wall shelf that I built for my mom for Christmas. I cut the tree (White Oak) on her property last fall and let it air dry for over a year in my parents' garage back home (Waterloo, AL). That's my grandfather doing the hard work, and me cutting the tree up once it was felled.

Ok, enough talking, time for pics!

01-1.jpg
alt="" />

02-1.jpg
alt="" />

03-1.jpg
alt="" />

04-1.jpg
alt="" />

05-1.jpg
alt="" />

06-1.jpg
alt="" />

07-1.jpg
alt="" />

08-1.jpg
alt="" />

09-1.jpg
alt="" />

10-1.jpg
alt="" />

11-1.jpg
alt="" />

12-1.jpg
alt="" />

14-1.jpg
alt="" />

15-1.jpg
alt="" />

16-1.jpg
alt="" />

17-1.jpg
alt="" />

18-1.jpg
alt="" />

19-1.jpg
alt="" />

20-1.jpg
alt="" />

21-1.jpg
alt="" />

22-1.jpg
alt="" />

23-1.jpg
alt="" />

24-1.jpg
alt="" />

25-1.jpg
alt="" />

26-1.jpg
alt="" />

27-1.jpg
alt="" />

28-1.jpg
alt="" />

29-1.jpg
alt="" />

30-1.jpg
alt="" />

31-1.jpg
alt="" />

32-1.jpg
alt="" />

33-1.jpg
alt="" />

34-1.jpg
alt="" />

35-1.jpg
alt="" />

36-1.jpg
alt="" />

37-1.jpg
alt="" />

38-1.jpg
alt="" />

39-1.jpg
alt="" />

40-1.jpg
alt="" />

Take care folks!
Dustin

I mean...what more can you say other than...awesome! Great work man! It's funny, as an artist/photographer, I look at certain situations and think "that would make for a great shot"....you look at a tree and say, "that'd be one fine bench!"

Sorry man. Awesome is way to over used to attach to something like this. Therefore, I am at a loss for words (which is hard to do). Oh what the hey. Awesome!!!!

Nice! I think anyone that works with wood wants to do the same thing you've just done.

You have a gift and it looks like you enjoy using it!

I wish I could use a router that well.

As always, beautiful craftsmanship. I always look forward to seeing what you do next.

Looks great Dustin! I really enjoy building things out of logs milled down to lumber. My folks live in South Texas and have brought me small logs to make things out of. Always cool to do the whole process.

wooooow!! I knew all of that but looking from the very beginning it really is amazing, thanks for share!

Back