210 Tang Reef

First couple fish in the hospital tank
This is my first time treating with copper and medicating so hope nothing goes wrong. 20 gallons seems like such a small volume of water where things could go south quickly..

IMG_7729.jpeg

IMG_7723.jpeg

Thank you!

Stay tuned...purple and achiles on the near future stocking list
Did you ever get an achilles? I have one going through copper right now for the past 10 days. I know they are ich prone, so I ramped up copper the moment he went into QT and I'm so glad I did because rather than ich, he had velvet. Luckily by the 4th day when it started to show, the copper started to kick in and he pushed through it. Next was getting him to eat and I had to get brine shrimp eggs to hatch to trigger his appetite. Now he's eating and recovering nicely.

Highly recommend to start the copper treatment off the bat when you get one.

Did you ever get an achilles? I have one going through copper right now for the past 10 days. I know they are ich prone, so I ramped up copper the moment he went into QT and I'm so glad I did because rather than ich, he had velvet. Luckily by the 4th day when it started to show, the copper started to kick in and he pushed through it. Next was getting him to eat and I had to get brine shrimp eggs to hatch to trigger his appetite. Now he's eating and recovering nicely.

Highly recommend to start the copper treatment off the bat when you get one.
I chickened out. Simon had a couple last week and I went with the intention of purchasing but ended up with a XL Blonde Naso
I just do not have enough QT experience.
To be honest, I have been playing with a risky idea that was sparked by the following thread...

A lot of good points throughout that massive thread.

btw glad you were able to nip that velvet in the butt. I know there was plenty of stress and work involved in that, you'll have a gorgeous fish to show for it!

Back