GOLDEN DWARF MORAY is coming today!

Aww. I hope so. I know her hopes were up. I'd love to have one but some of my anthias are small, and they are eels after all.

I didn't get the eel... But it's understandable seeing as the guy had to move his 90g with live rock and everything from his basment to his living room. I'll be picking the eel up somtime this week probobly wensday or thursday, mabey even at the meeting. My friend and I have come up with a name for the ell... Jee! I know it's a wierd name but these eels are preeting rare so we wanted to give it a weird name! The eels name is pronouced like the letter G but it is spelled Jee. It's very complicated!

Eh You've seen Jin's tank, he has one, Linda has one... Patrick has 2. They won't bother fish.

corvettecris;227916 wrote: Aww. I hope so. I know her hopes were up. I'd love to have one but some of my anthias are small, and they are eels after all.
How small are your anthiases, I have a fire fish goby that I'm risking...I think he'll be okay though. Sparky (my firefish) Is really fast.

Yah quite a few of my fish are smaller than the morsels I feed the eel. I have very small flasher wrasses that are much smaller than firefish. So far so good and its been over a year. I still have all my shrimp as well except a sexy shrimp... and that might've been picked off by one of my larger wrasses. That being said, not all eels are created equal. I've heard a few stories of GDMs not behaving very reef-safe as well.

Steve;227919 wrote: Eh You've seen Jin's tank, he has one, Linda has one... Patrick has 2. They won't bother fish.

As Jin already mentioned, I'd be really careful believing that. Dave at SWC clains one of theirs has already killed several gobies. And I still stick to it being an eel. Maybe it is less </em>likely to eat a small fish, but I bet it happens, maybe even more often than you think.

Especially fish like anthias and wrasses that sleep in the rocks or sandbed. They are much easier to prey on than a fish that hovers like a clown...

So Diane, it is always a possibility that the eel will eat a fish, even a fast one. It is probably unlikely, but always a possibility, even in very rare conditions.

corvettecris;227916 wrote: and they are eels after all.

Agreed 10000%. Jin and I had a collosal war over this once. I will never put any eel in in with any small fish unless they are intended to be food. I have seen too many eels do too many things.

It can happen I'm sure. Mine has been an ideal inhabitant though and you guys have seen how small my flasher wrasses are. They're much smaller than the smallest of the common anthias on the market like the lyretails and squares or queens etc etc. Heck some of the flashers sleep next to the eel and these guys are smaller than the krill the eel eats. I used to keep him fed every day to make sure he wouldn't snack on anyone... but now I just wait for him to tell me he's hungry and then feed him. Still no casualties.

If my eel was the only one that I had knowledge of then I'd say they are completely reef safe. However, I've heard of others though that will misbehave. I think of it as being akin to a "reef safe" angel. It's a risk but its worth it imo.

Here is a picture of your eel Jee. Enjoy!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
228271=13539-Jee.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
228271=13539-Jee.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Jee.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I should be picking the eel up today! We leave at 7:00! I'm planning on making the 30g I have now a species only tank. I will eventually put the clowns and the fire fish in the 58g and then put another eel in the 30g!

Never mind didn't work out...:shout: But my mom promised we would pick the eel up this weekend.

twistoflime;229025 wrote: I should be picking the eel up today! We leave at 7:00! I'm planning on making the 30g I have now a species only tank. I will eventually put the clowns and the fire fish in the 58g and then put another eel in the 30g!

I feel so bad for you. It seems like your being legally torchered. I bet you cannot wait to get your license...**** parents always holding you back.

rostato;229048 wrote: I feel so bad for you. It seems like your being legally torchered. I bet you cannot wait to get your license...**** parents always holding you back.
My mom PROMISED that we would pick up the eel this weekend. If we don't I just might have to go through the terrible two stage all over again:lol2:!

Barbara;229094 wrote: Nah, you can give her a taste of "nasty teen-ager stage". That one is much worse! Then tell you she could have a couple more years of it if she really wants.......

I wish I could have come over and met you last night. I think you left early though. Tall, slim red-head with a cooler; right? Sat near the front on the right?
Yep that sound's like me except I'm only 5' 4"... It was kinda funny though my dad was sitting playing games on the blackberry board out of his mind and I was sitting listening intently! I had to leave early so that I could get home and drip aclimate everything.

Oh and I'll be at the next meeting mabey we could meet then. And I am now an official member They just havn't prossesed it yet! I also have one question, am I the only kid on this site?

Back