GOLDEN DWARF MORAY is coming today!

My name is Colin and i'm 17. there is also bass.son i think he is like 13 or 14 if i remember

Barbara;229108 wrote: No, you are not. You're 15; right? Triga22 (Tyler) is 15, and like you, he works for, saves his money, and pays for everything himself. Very impressive young man. Also, a guy that goes by Blind 1993 (I suspect born in 1993, so around 15 too). His name is Annce, but he doesn't post as much now. Mockery (can't remember his real name) might be around 15-16. Camg (Camden) is around 15-16. Sorry if I've missed anyone. We have a great young group here.
I'm only 12 I'm just kinda tall for my age. I actally have paid for everything living in my tank. (for my birthday my parents bought the lighting, filteration, liverock, live sand, and some other things to help run the tank) I have paid for my cleanup crew, firefish goby, breeding pair of ocellaris clown fish hosting an rbta, any corals that I actually bought, (alot of them I got for free)and about to blow every last bit of my savings on the golden dwarf moray! THe bad thing is I'm not of legal age to get a job yet so I have to stick to pet sitting and baby sitting. The good thing is people in my neiborhood pay generously.:D

DrNecropolis;229114 wrote: I act like a teenager... Does that count? I was sitting almost right behind you I think..
I saw you to. It was kinda wierd that I was the only kid there that actually owns a fish tank. I'm just glad my dad was willing to take me. If you saw him he was playing on his blackberry the whole time and was boared out of his mind! Let's just say that saltwater fish keeping is not his thing. Luck for him I have allready designated a room in the basment to be the fish room!

ehh real work gets boring so dont wish for it to soon, enjoy the time you have left. it is great to see such a young person like you working so hard for a hobby that im sure you love very much.i can still remember when i was about 5 years old and i caught my first baby red eared slider turtle, me and my grandparents where out fishing on the lake in the boat and this little baby turtle just swam up to the boat where i was fishing. so when caught him with a net and put him in the livewell. my grandmother being the great woman she was to me helped me buy all the things i needed( tank etc etc) on our way home and told my parents they were just gonna have to deal with it. i had that turtle for almost 10 years till some how my mom talked me into letting him go, and i swear everytime i would go to that park he would show up to say hi. sorry for the long post, just kinda got into the memory. dont ever let anyone talk you into getting rid of anything you love, i still miss that little guy to this day. well thats how i got started and now look where i am just wish i would have gotten into SW sooner, everyone always told me it would be hard, course things have changed alot since then.

i am 15 and a freshmen in highschool, i cant make it to the meetings ever since i am in all honors and there hasnt been 1 day this year where i havent had a test or project due,no joke.

also i paid for everything in my tank, about to get a job at dynamo(best place to be on a swim team) that wasnt free and am about to renew my membership, in a little bit i will send some frags your way, right now i am trying to stock up on some sps.

blind1993;229130 wrote: also i paid for everything in my tank, about to get a job at dynamo(best place to be on a swim team) that wasnt free and am about to renew my membership, in a little bit i will send some frags your way, right now i am trying to stock up on some sps.
Thanks, actually at the meeting glxtrix gave me a scroll coral and on the way home it broke into 3 peices. The one that I have left that I'm not keeping is about 1/2" by 1/2", you can have it for free if you want. The chalice is a dull green color with lime green spots. Pm me if you want it.

I love seeing young people get in the hobby. My son is only seven and he loves our tanks. Education of young people is how to keep this hobby alive. Hope to see you stick around. I got into fish keeping when I was my sons age and its one of the few things that stuck with me my whole life. I have had lulls at times but I always come back to it.

Yes, like the speaker said, youth recruitment is down, and thta contributes to a decline in the hobby. Young folk are the best

I kind of weasled my way into saltwater. First I got interested...then I got a small tank, got mom interested with some small fish and corals....then got dad interested and he ended up helping me pay for a 75 gal. Its the best way to go in this hobby...once the parents are in, they see fish they like and are willing to help pay!!!( hehe, my little secret)

camg;229416 wrote: I kind of weasled my way into saltwater. First I got interested...then I got a small tank, got mom interested with some small fish and corals....then got dad interested and he ended up helping me pay for a 75 gal. Its the best way to go in this hobby...once the parents are in, they see fish they like and are willing to help pay!!!( hehe, my little secret)

well you got lucky, my parents wont pay for it but will not let me change anything about it.

My parents will pay for all the equitment and the live sand and live rock (only for christmas or birthday) but I have to pay for all fish and corals. I don't think that will ever change though...

twistoflime;229492 wrote: My parents will pay for all the equitment and the live sand and live rock (only for christmas or birthday) but I have to pay for all fish and corals. I don't think that will ever change though...
looks like you might want a solaris fixture.

blind1993;229494 wrote: looks like you might want a solaris fixture.
They will not spend more than $500 on ALL the equitment for the tank ( if the price exceds that I have to buy the rest) so I have to go bargen hunting.

solaris is like 1 grand itself, it was a joke. i spent $600 on everything in my tank.

I'm upgrading to a 58g (I'm getting it with tank, stand, and canopy for free!) So I'll need to get a canister filter, 250 mh, skimmer, pumps and stuff for a 10g sump, and some other things. I'm hoping I won't go over my parents limit too much. THe bad thing was when we were buying the stuff for the 3-g we paid $450 for only the livesand, live rock (which was $9 a pound and we bought around 20-25 ibs.) T5 lighting, (I ended up having to buy the mh lighting after I decided I wanted hard coarls and an anemone) and hang on the back filter! I was so mad when I figured out that If I had just bought every thing here in the first place my parents would of spent half that!

Back