Good deal on T5/Led combo

franciscosalazar;992729 wrote: Change your Paypal address to match the address Coralvue has for you, if applicable.

Yeah I tried it 100 different ways but couldn't get it to work. I already transferred the money to my bank account anyways.

Very impressed with the quality. Leds are very bright! Fans work great but a little louder than desired.

IMAG0563.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG0564.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG0565.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG0566.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG0567.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG0569.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Do you guys think that a 36" 4 bulb unit would be good over a 36"x18"x12" Frag Tank? Don't have a lot of experience with T5, so I am curious.

ghbrewer;993814 wrote: Do you guys think that a 36" 4 bulb unit would be good over a 36"x18"x12" Frag Tank? Don't have a lot of experience with T5, so I am curious.

Just be careful you don't roast your frags with the LEDs. That's a lot of bulbs there and 12" deep tank can be intense. When I had a 400w radium above a 12" tank I had to have it about 30" above the water level!

Seems like pretty darn good deal for $100!

ghbrewer;996188 wrote: Getting ready to buy one, is everyone that got one still happy?

Very happy, just wish the fan were not as loud. I am going to try and replace them eventually. Everything else is great. Really bright with ATI bulbs and the LEDs really add a nice shimmer.

I got mine and just tested everything and it all works fine, but I don't have it fully up and running yet as I'm still finishing up building my stand. I tested the fan and it didn't seem that loud to me, does it get louder the longer it runs or something?

Curtismaximus;996208 wrote: Very happy, just wish the fan were not as loud. I am going to try and replace them eventually. Everything else is great. Really bright with ATI bulbs and the LEDs really add a nice shimmer.

civics14;996211 wrote: I got mine and just tested everything and it all works fine, but I don't have it fully up and running yet as I'm still finishing up building my stand. I tested the fan and it didn't seem that loud to me, does it get louder the longer it runs or something?

No it does not get louder. I am just used to LED fans and they are usually silent. The fans do have a noticeable hum to them so to me its loud.

Had to raise them higher off my frag tank
They are very bright with the led on
I have the 36 4 bulb
Very happy with it

pbyrmartin;996312 wrote: Had to raise them higher off my frag tank
They are very bright with the led on
I have the 36 4 bulb
Very happy with it

I agree on the brightness. I have the 8 bulb and I'm going to start with only using 6. I'm afraid I might bleach coals with all 8. If sps growth is slow I might try all 8 down the road.

Would someone mind sending a full tank shot? I'm curious to know what things looks like when installed and turned on. Thanks in advance!

Would a full tank shot really help? Since it will vary depending on bulb combination on how the tank will look?

Is there a certain picture of the actual unit you want to see? I can snap some additional shots that haven't been already posted here if needed.

JBDreefs;996318 wrote: Would someone mind sending a full tank shot? I'm curious to know what things looks like when installed and turned on. Thanks in advance!

So looking at the "power box" there is a switch and plug for: every 2 lights, all leds, and fan? So the fan has to be manually turned on or with a controller.

HiImSean;996326 wrote: So looking at the "power box" there is a switch and plug for: every 2 lights, all leds, and fan? So the fan has to be manually turned on or with a controller.

That's correct
Switch for fans every. Two bulb and the led

I put everything on a 6 outlet strip

Back