HELP, SWC skimmer motor not skimming

Its a old model SWC 300 skimmer body with a Askoll 1500 gph , 100w motor block and venture skimmer. it has a 1-1/4 threaded fitting external to body

Have you checked the hose for cracks or tears? Does the hose seat well on the venturing connection?

View attachment 65777

View attachment 65778
jbdreefs;1065748 wrote: post a couple pictures. Maybe we will see something.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

so what would be a good replacement motor block and complete venturi body with impeller n shaft, one that has a 1-1/4 in male thread that will connect to my gray coupling??

no line leaks , its got to be the impeller and assembly. Thanks for all the help guys, now if I can find a replacement for this old Askoll 1500 block n swc venture body

porpoiseaquatics;1065875 wrote: I'm not 100% sure but I believe the Reef Octopus pumps are 1.25" outlets and would make a great replacement.

thanks, just have to find one that pumps 1500 gph and 100w

reefstinger;1065887 wrote: thanks, just have to find one that pumps 1500 gph and 100w

Actually you don't. The skimmer will handle it if the pump is slightly larger. You just don't want smaller. Find an RO skimmer that has the same ratings as your skimmer and there is your pump.

porpoiseaquatics;1065914 wrote: Actually you don't. The skimmer will handle it if the pump is slightly larger. You just don't want smaller. Find an RO skimmer that has the same ratings as your skimmer and there is your pump.

will do Thanks for the help

grouper therapy;1065714 wrote: Sounds like debris in the impeller.

well , its looking like I will have to buy a new skimmer motor n impeller assembly, any suggestions?? it will have to hookup onto the bottom side of my skimmer . I have a female 1-1/4 in gray coupling. The new skimmer housing will need to be 1-1/4 in male gray fitting. my SWC skimmer is the old one 300/400/500 boil load rating. Im thinking it is a swc 300 or maybe the 230a. photos of the skimmer in this thread. I will post the impeller and motor block /complete unit here shortly

Back