Hey fellas - couple ?'s

ouling;43019 wrote: metronidazole
It is a parasite, and I am extremely sure. Freshwater dip sometimes work, but mostly i see from small parasites such as ich and worms. metronidazole works pretty well for those kinda things.

You can always catch it and scrape it off with your nail.

I wish I could put faith in metronidazole but I just can not. I will admit my testing of it ends as a treatment for crypto but it just does not seem like a good treatment for much. It does not disolve in water, it has a hard time bonding to foods without focus and even with focus, proper treament is based on body weight of what you are treating (put your fish on a scale lately?) and even if you could get the proper dosage, there is no way to be sure that you are going to get that dose into the mouth of the fish. Add to that, the fact that if you overdose to make sure your fish gets enough and he gets too much it it pretty bad stuff (kidney failure, etc...) and you run into the same problems with repeated usage and long term exposure.

Dip would be my first line... I hope to be able to test interceptor on things like black spot and Ich in the future but as for now, FW would be my course of action.

yes i will try fw dip for 30mins with airstone, i still am not sure if i am able to catch him ??

LOL Ya catching him is the hard part.

Again, 30 min is a good goal but watch him closely and pull him if there are major signs of trouble. 30 min is a guideline but depending on the fish (type and overall health) sometimes it is better to go 15-20 if that is all the fish can handle. Again, I have heard of fish going 18 hours so if done correctly, there are little problems.

You can rent a trap from Stevhan that works great for catching fish.

Back