Jebao WP25 Info and Speculation

curtismaximus

Market
Reaction score
In order to keep all this info off of the WP40 page I decided to bring all the WP25 info over to its own page. :D

First I would like to say that this is not my info personally. Everything in this post is taken directly from RC on this page:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2283598">http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2283598</a>

This info is directly from Jebao:

This is an up to date pic of the WP40 on the left and the WP25 on the right.

[IMG]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/sac9665/WP-40ampWP-25_zps8554dd28.jpg alt="" />

This is a video of the WP25 being tested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYc1hZy5iV0&feature=youtu.be">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYc1hZy5iV0&feature=youtu.be</a>

The tank in the video is confirmed to be a 47" x 20" x 20" (Around 80 gallons)

The flow rate of the pump is confirmed to be around 6000LPH. That converts to 1500GPH.

So assuming a voltage controller can be used on these pump they can be turned down to 750GPH in W1 mode, which is the most powerful mode I believe.

The WP25 is speculated to cost around $30 a unit so with shipping that will be around $50 or less shipped. :thumbs:

2ruble;858764 wrote: looks awesome... I'm ready, lol

Yea me too!

I forgot to add that these pumps are supposed to be ready for sale by the end of this month or the beginning of the next month!

renoeb;858799 wrote: I smell another group buy...

+1...... But I seriously doubt Dale is up for handling this one too. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curtismaximus;858794 wrote: Yea me too!

I forgot to add that these pumps are supposed to be ready for sale by the end of this month or the beginning of the next month!

If they are in production now then we should be able to start a group buy now if someone wants to go ahead and contact jebao reps and confirm price plus shipping on 100+ units..... Maybe dale would at least be willing to do that for us since he already has a good contact person within the company!

GLAZE888;858805 wrote: If they are in production now then we should be able to start a group buy now if someone wants to go ahead and contact jebao reps and confirm price plus shipping on 100+ units..... Maybe dale would at least be willing to do that for us since he already has a good contact person within the company!

Although I agree with you guys, please keep all GB discussion off of this page. If you want to start a discussion on a possible GB please start a separate thread for that information.

On a side note I wouldn't get my hopes up for ddaddy to set this up or ARC allowing this to happen!

Curtismaximus;858808 wrote:
On a side note I wouldn't get my hopes up for ddaddy to set this up or ARC allowing this to happen!

As long as the rules governing unofficial group buys are followed ARC would not have a problem with it. All we ask is that you follow the rules set forth. :D

CedzAquAddiction;858815 wrote: Glaze888: What is that I see in your avatar???

Curtis: Tagging along...

04 A6 phantom black on black! :( I traded it though for a 2010 avalanche.... Regrets regrets

GLAZE888;858820 wrote: 04 A6 phantom black on black! :( I traded it though for a 2010 avalanche.... Regrets regrets

Nice... At least it was another RWD V8 Chevy... Mine's an 06. 42(something) RWHP...

Back to the powerheads... Didn't mean to jack... LOL...

CedzAquAddiction;858823 wrote: Nice... At least it was another RWD V8 Chevy... Mine's an 06. 42(something) RWHP...

Back to the powerheads... Didn't mean to jack... LOL...

Nice!!!! :)

Ok yea back to powerheads... Lol

rdnelson99;858817 wrote: As long as the rules governing unofficial group buys are followed ARC would not have a problem with it. All we ask is that you follow the rules set forth. :D

I appologise for the speculation. I just assumed with the difficulty of the WP40 GB that the ARC might not want another with the WP25.

I wonder if a GB would even be worth they trouble with the WP25? They are only going to be around $50 anyways.

Curtismaximus;858891 wrote: I appologise for the speculation. I just assumed with the difficulty of the WP40 GB that the ARC might not want another with the WP25.

I wonder if a GB would even be worth they trouble with the WP25? They are only going to be around $50 anyways.

depending on the quantity im sure they'll get them down pretty low. most people on RC were getting the WP40s for about $110 i think shipped, we're getting them for $55shipped. I bet a good sized GB could get them for $35 at least.

HiImSean;858985 wrote: depending on the quantity im sure they'll get them down pretty low. most people on RC were getting the WP40s for about $110 i think shipped, we're getting them for $55shipped. I bet a good sized GB could get them for $35 at least.

I understand money can be saved just not sure it will be worth the hassle of dealing with a company in China :bash2:. If someone wants to set it up more power to them. I just know Im not going to do it!

Well I guess I decided to take initiative and just emailed jebao about a 100+ unit order for price and shipping and if they reply with all the basics I may start a GB post at that point but I def want to cover this ground and not have all the hang ups that we had in the wp40 GB

The only negative speculation I have read is that the WP25 is mounted using suction cups. Again this is just speculation and I personally hope it is not the truth. I wouldn't feel safe with that strong of a pump in my tank with just suction cups attaching it to the glass. Its hard to tell exactly what they are using in the video. Hopefully Jebao is smart enough not to use this type of mounting for their pumps!:up:

Ok so it has been confirmed that Jebao is using magnets to attach the WP25 just like the WP40's.

The next big speculation is the price. The $30 quote offer is a price directly from Jebao. Im guessing that fishstreet will price these around $50 making it about $65 shipped.
<span style="font-size: 11px">
<span style="font-size: 11px">...</span>so a GB might be a good <span style="font-size: 11px">idea :shades:</span></span>

I'll be glad to get some info but I can't possibly do anything with this until I at least get the 40's in and out to all of you. Once I do that, then lets talk :)

Edit:
GLAZE888;859007 wrote: Well I guess I decided to take initiative and just emailed jebao about a 100+ unit order for price and shipping and if they reply with all the basics I may start a GB post at that point but I def want to cover this ground and not have all the hang ups that we had in the wp40 GB

Glaze,
If you are doing it, I would try and shoot for information on a 200 unit group buy first. That way you will at least know the max you will pay for shipping and can work your cost back from there. Once this starts, lots of other groups around the country will begin to contact you for big unit orders and the 200 will go fast. I don't think there will be a cost per unit difference between ordering 200 pumps and 100 pumps. The only difference will be shipping. If you do this get with me and I will help you out and show you what I did to keep it organized because trust me it can get overwhelming quick when you have 100 different people PMing you and emailing you and texting you.

Dale

ddaddy2420;859359 wrote: I'll be glad to get some info but I can't possibly do anything with this until I at least get the 40's in and out to all of you. Once I do that, then lets talk :)

Edit:

Glaze,
If you are doing it, I would try and shoot for information on a 200 unit group buy first. That way you will at least know the max you will pay for shipping and can work your cost back from there. Once this starts, lots of other groups around the country will begin to contact you for big unit orders and the 200 will go fast. I don't think there will be a cost per unit difference between ordering 200 pumps and 100 pumps. The only difference will be shipping. If you do this get with me and I will help you out and show you what I did to keep it organized because trust me it can get overwhelming quick when you have 100 different people PMing you and emailing you and texting you.

Dale

Lol yea I got you.... But honestly if I do decide to take this on this will be ARC ONLY and I will be checking usernames for join dates to weed out the people who join just to jump in the GB... Not that I have anything against other reefers, but it is just way too many extra variables to deal with!

If I didn't already buy my vortechs I think I would snag two of these. Awesome price for similar flow.

Back