LED Question HELP

I suspect that price is for the fixture & balasts... bank on another $40+ to get 4 basic tubes unless I'm missing something. Still at your stated price point, though and you can always supplement with LED later.

Plenty of tanks run beautifully with t5ho's on their own, too. Personally prefer leds, but can't argue with results I've seen.

That fixture is all you need for a ten gallon. My first tank was a five gallon and I kept a few Lps under a tiny coralife compact fluorescent fixture.

Don't buy anything from petsmart Dave.. Trust us we know what we're talking about. Anything they have is a waste of $

JDavid;976092 wrote: Don't buy anything from petsmart Dave.. Trust us we know what we're talking about. Anything they have is a waste of $

It will make you angry and may cause you to get frustrated with the hobby. Don't get frustrated with the hobby cause you bought cheap stuff. Save your frustration for things like getting a nem to stay where it looks great or a piece of live rock to sit in that "perfect" place. You will use plenty there.

Declanisadog;976090 wrote: That fixture is all you need for a ten gallon. My first tank was a five gallon and I kept a few Lps under a tiny coralife compact fluorescent fixture.

Which fixture, declan?

Declanisadog;976118 wrote: I doubt they make it anymore. I want to say it was 36w. Two 18w cfl bulbs

Ok- so- on a whim, I went to Lowe's and bought this 22", 15W T8 Plant Grow fixture. What do we think?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
976206=55610-image.jpg
>
976206=55610-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

It's the same bulb as the Zoo Med Coral Sun T8 bulbs for mixed reefs. I may give one LPS a try and see how it does

What's the spectrum? I bet you it will grow nuisance algae pretty good

Haha. Ugh. I can't win...

I honestly couldn't tell you although it's a pinkish/purple color if that helps.. A lot like the fiji pink/purple bulbs

Look for 6500k, 10000k, 14000k, etc

It's color temperature, technically, not spectrum.

Back