LED Question HELP

Well that's not terrible but it's not ideal. It will make a great fuge light to mount inside the stand of your future tank! :)

6500k plant growth. Something you would use for a indoor green house ect. Definelty would be a good fuge light.

1000k more of a white light.

1400k has a tint of blue

2000k is really blue.

I think some exoctic stunner strips would work really good.

I had 1 on my old 6 gallon fluval edge and it was awesome and grew corals great.

Well, I'm going to
See how it goes and maybe try to add an actinic and a daylight like 10000K in the next few weeks.

Aquatraders have a box light for 90 bucks plus free shipping. It's not a radion, but I kept anemones, and sps under it fine.

shawn_patterson;976266 wrote: Aquatraders have a box light for 90 bucks plus free shipping. It's not a radion, but I kept anemones, and sps under it fine.

Aqua traders has VERY CHEAP lights. It's the way to go if your on a budget. But they have gore bale customer service. My old t5 lights from there worked awesome.

well, what I have now is extremely bright and seems to be within an acceptable wavelength range. Like I said, by the end of the month I may pick up one in the whiter daylight range and one actinic blue to hold me over until I can get a really nice upgrade.

Wow my spelling was off just noticed I meant to say they have bad customer service. I have my old panorma (fist gen) that you can have. It needs a new wall transformer ( they are about 10$ at Home Depot) and I think one led is burnt out but otherwise it works really good, it was the one I had on my fluval edge.

shawn_patterson;976266 wrote: Aquatraders have a box light for 90 bucks plus free shipping. It's not a radion, but I kept anemones, and sps under it fine.

If you have upgraded to Radions, what did you do with the LED lightbox... :)

JC_k;976254 wrote: 6500k plant growth. Something you would use for a indoor green house ect. Definelty would be a good fuge light.

1000k more of a white light.

1400k has a tint of blue

2000k is really blue.

I think some exoctic stunner strips would work really good.

I had 1 on my old 6 gallon fluval edge and it was awesome and grew corals great.
Missing some 0's there bud :)
6500, 10000, 14000, 20000*

Don't sell yourself short man you're smarter than half the adults I know..

Mikesmith34;976331 wrote: Actually it's too MANY zeros with the k designation

K stands for kelvin there, not thousand, and not to be confused with Kevin, who is a scuba diver figurine from the GA aquarium.

The kelvin is a unit of measurement for temperature. It is one of the seven base units in the International System of Units (SI) and is assigned the unit symbol K. The Kelvin scale is an absolute, thermodynamic temperature scale using as its null point absolute zero, the temperature at which all thermal motion ceases in the classical description of thermodynamics.

Often you'll see 65K, 10K, 14K, 20K. That's just shorthand. But for someone who's new to the hobby probably best to not confuse. (Case in point, Jacob)

JDavid;976354 wrote: K stands for kelvin there, not thousand, and not to be confused with Kevin, who is a scuba diver figurine from the GA aquarium.

Often you'll see 65K, 10K, 14K, 20K. That's just shorthand. But for someone who's new to the hobby probably best to not confuse. (Case in point, Jacob)

I don't get confused easily. I fact I usually confuse peope lol. Theirs still alot for me to learn...

JC_k;976361 wrote: I don't get confused easily. I fact I usually confuse peope lol. Theirs still alot for me to learn...

I knew what you meant

I think there is a reason you don't see this light over reefs. I personally wouldn't torture LPS into a slow starvation. Much like getting one meal a day instead of 2 or 3. Its cool to have the tank lit but I feel like your trying to move too fast, especially if your already impulse buying cheap lighting and talking about buying coral frags. I am going to requote something said earlier in this thread said "buy cheap buy twice."

Good lighting is cheap used, anything you find in a hardware wont be suitable period.

I think he's just trying to try different options. But the lights you have can possibly support softies but probably not Lps.

I think he just really really wants to get that first coral in the tank

Most of us can relate

JDavid;976371 wrote: I think he just really really wants to get that first coral in the tank

Most of us can relate

Absolutly, but I would stick to maybe soft corals for now. Save the money you would have spent on LPS frags and just save for the next light. Softies are :shades:

Back