Maples 45 gallon tech tank

ICEMAN832;611558 wrote: Good deal. I would def go with a CA reactor on your setup. Although you could do a two part drip as well and it would be much cheaper...Ill have a video up here soon of my Moorish Idol.....
I actually have all the two part stuff. I just have to work up enough nerve to do it. I have how much he dosed and all.

Looking forward to that video. Mine LOVES Rods food.

mapleredta;611567 wrote: I don't understand. What is wrong with our discussion?

Negative feedback about a fellow ARC Member in Reef Discussion.

mapleredta;611564 wrote: I actually have all the two part stuff. I just have to work up enough nerve to do it. I have how much he dosed and all.

Looking forward to that video. Mine LOVES Rods food.

I would go with the two part. I was doing a two part dose system on my old 92g corner setup and it worked really well. I have since gotten a Kalk reactor and love it.

ICEMAN832;611572 wrote: I would go with the two part. I was doing a two part dose system on my old 92g corner setup and it worked really well. I have since gotten a Kalk reactor and love it.
Where did you dose it? I'm guessing just dump it in the sump?

mapleredta;611580 wrote: Where did you dose it? I'm guessing just dump it in the sump?

Yeah I dumped it right where the skimmer output is. Worked amazing. Just follow the dosing recommendations and your set. Just test and adjust as needed for if you do get the clam as they really do take up alot of calcium in the system. I have a decent size Tear drop maxima and it takes up a fair amount of calcium compared to all my other coral.

ICEMAN832;611584 wrote: Yeah I dumped it right where the skimmer output is. Worked amazing. Just follow the dosing recommendations and your set. Just test and adjust as needed for if you do get the clam as they really do take up alot of calcium in the system. I have a decent size Tear drop maxima and it takes up a fair amount of calcium compared to all my other coral.
Sweet. Thanks for the info.

Chris, Looks like a first class build with great quality equipment and nice livestock. Well done!

Acroholic;611586 wrote: Chris, Looks like a first class build with great quality equipment and nice livestock. Well done!
Thank you, Dave. I am ready for my new Acan to get here.

If you ever decide to upgrade the Vortech to an ES ($100), you can get a cool standing wave as part of the overall program with a single Mp40wES in a tank like yours. I have a rimless 30 x 30 x 24 cube, and in ES Nutrient Transport Mode it gets an inch+ wave slapping around during part of the cycle, and that is with the pump dialed back to 70%. You could go much larger in a 45 with top trim.

Acroholic;611596 wrote: If you ever decide to upgrade the Vortech to an ES ($100), you can get a cool standing wave as part of the overall program with a single Mp40wES in a tank like yours. I have a rimless 30 x 30 x 24 cube, and in ES Nutrient Transport Mode it gets an inch+ wave slapping around during part of the cycle, and that is with the pump dialed back to 70%. You could go much larger in a 45 with top trim.
I've talked to a few members about the ES and they told me it's not worth the upgrade. I currently have it on reef crest. (yellow light mode.)

bratliff;611669 wrote: I've gotten a standing wave in my 90g with one MP40w on the side. You just gotta play with the short pulse mode a bit. Unfortunately, there isn't a program that let's you mix that wave cycle with a more random cycle.

A single ES in NTM will have an intermittent standing wave as part of the overall program.

Whether the upgrade is worth it is kinda subjective, IMO. I love the ES NTM. I bought four MP40wES pumps, and Ecotech had a thing going that for every ES you bought, you got 50% off the cost of a 40W to 40wES upgrade, so I upgraded my other three 40w pumps for $150 total.

Last night I added some top off water and made an attempt to get the controller working once again. For some reason, it will no longer dim the lights but every other feature is working fine. Very weird. I'm in contact with AI so I hope the problem can be resolved soon. I'm not too happy about only having the lights on 4 hours a day. I snapped some pictures real quick, mostly of my clowns and BTA's. (I am a sucker for them.)

72t2xh.jpg
alt="" />
(Chuck Norris in his reincarnation state)
dr495d.jpg
alt="" />
qr12zq.jpg
alt="" />
29febmg.jpg
alt="" />
2h2p3jr.jpg
alt="" />
11l7djl.jpg
alt="" />
30c52bm.jpg
alt="" />

How do you like the AI unit overall? Seem like the coral are liking it and growing quite well? I have just started to look into LEDs since my Halides are so expensive to run month to month and the only LED unit I have gotten and actually liked was the Evilpar38 12k bulb over my 6g and the coral looked and grew quite well.

ICEMAN832;612011 wrote: How do you like the AI unit overall? Seem like the coral are liking it and growing quite well? I have just started to look into LEDs since my Halides are so expensive to run month to month and the only LED unit I have gotten and actually liked was the Evilpar38 12k bulb over my 6g and the coral looked and grew quite well.
I LOVE them. The coral love them. That setosa was purchased from Rit a few months ago. It was a TINY little frag that is about 10 times the size when it was purchased. It was a $5 frag. It's costly up front, but it'll be worth it in the long run. The energy this thing saves compared to a MH fixture/t5 retro kit is insane. There is NO heat from this thing whatsoever.

mapleredta;612021 wrote: I LOVE them. The coral love them. That setosa was purchased from Rit a few months ago. It was a TINY little frag that is about 10 times the size when it was purchased. It was a $5 frag. It's costly up front, but it'll be worth it in the long run. The energy this thing saves compared to a MH fixture/t5 retro kit is insane. There is NO heat from this thing whatsoever.

Yes I am noticing my 400w Radiums are producing a fair amount of heat as well as electric bill. The problem is how many AI units would I need to cover a 48x24x30 tank? I paid 400 for the whole 2x400w MH setup. And if I remember correctly 400 is around what one of the AI units cost. Not complaining as I would be saving a lot on my electric bill and the benefit of no heat transfer to the tank.

ICEMAN832;612024 wrote: Yes I am noticing my 400w Radiums are producing a fair amount of heat as well as electric bill. The problem is how many AI units would I need to cover a 48x24x30 tank? I paid 400 for the whole 2x400w MH setup. And if I remember correctly 400 is around what one of the AI units cost. Not complaining as I would be saving a lot on my electric bill and the benefit of no heat transfer to the tank.
I believe they are roughly 500 per module. For a 48" tank, you probably would need 4 of them. The controller is an additional 80 bucks.

Back