Maples 45 gallon tech tank

atlweb;614549 wrote: Very nice. Love the RBTA and scape.
The RBTA was actually much smaller then it normally is. When it's fully open, it's literally inches from the other corals.:doh:

Keith, I actually thought about doing a BTA only tank if something were to ever happen to my corals.

What are the dimensions on your tank & how high do you have the led fixture at?

mapleredta;614612 wrote: The RBTA was actually much smaller then it normally is. When it's fully open, it's literally inches from the other corals.:doh:

Keith, I actually thought about doing a BTA only tank if something were to ever happen to my corals.

I saw an anemone only tank a couple of years ago, and it was a REALLY cool set up. The guy had a 40 gallon tank, and the aquascaping consisted of one large island of rock in the center... on the rock he had 4 bubble tipped anemones (2 red, 2 green), along with one pair of black and white clowns.

Your tank is amazing, and I personally wouldn't change a thing; HOWEVER, if you ever want to make a change, the anemone only setup is really, really cool.

JeF4y, I am almost certain the tank is 24" x 18.5. The module is roughly 12" or so above the water.

Jeff, thank you for that amazing compliment. I'm going to continue working towards a full blown mini reef. Next on the "to buy list" is some dosers followed by a Apex. Time to start collecting cans!

Edit:
25q87tc.jpg
alt="" />
14czoxx.jpg
alt="" />
2ps229w.jpg
alt="" />
28a2blt.jpg
alt="" />
svqjir.jpg
alt="" />
2ikttw3.jpg
alt="" />
29ntixz.jpg
alt="" />
(female wrasse)
do5ds4.jpg
alt="" />
(male wrasse)
1z1s740.jpg
alt="" />
25zqi5i.jpg
alt="" />

2mpdfs2.jpg
alt="" />
am5kcx.jpg
alt="" />
Got this on the way:
5oxc7a.jpg
alt="" />

Well, I finally spent some much needed time on the tank this weekend. We recently moved into a new apartment so I had to tear down the tank and re-assemble it Saturday in it's new location. There has been a small little leak on my return bulkhead so I decided it was best to fix that while I had the tank torn apart. Well, after a day full of moving and trying to juggle the tank move with the series of storms that came through, needless to say it was a very long day in the Maple house. I found the new bulkhead that I had and installed it incorrectly I later found out. Well, when I get it to the house, I fire the tank up for a test run. I notice the return line leaking like I had the wrong bulkhead in the hole. I try and tighten it but it only seams to make the leak worse. At this point, I am beyond aggravated and the first thing to pop into my mind is to sell the tank. My s/o didn't like that idea one bit and it she did an excellent job of persuading me to calm down and fix the problem.

I uninstall the little shelf I have on the inside of my tank so I can get a better view of the problem. Using a flashlight I could see the water running down the right side of the bulkhead. Figured the best course of action is to start over. Bring the shopvac back into the room and proceed to drain the water that is in the overflow. After doing so, I start to unscrew the nut from the bulkhead and realize what the problem was! I installed the seal on the outside of the tank!!!! After 30 minutes of complete frustration, I get the issue resolved.

Originally I was intending on keeping the sand to rinse and re-use at a later date. After pulling it out and smelling the aroma it had, I decided against my initial intention. While the tank was broken down, I took a brush to the little bit of cyano and some tiny patches of hair algae that was on a few rocks.

I had roughly 60 gallons or so of brand new saltwater made up (with the help of my side kick, Smallblock.) The corals loved the brand new water it appears. The colors in them just popped yesterday when the lights were on. After further inspection I noticed what appears to be a baby head on my Rainbow Magic Acan!!!! To ensure I was seeing properly, I made Maria come over and double check my find and she agreed with me.

Now that my school schedule has lightened up, I plan on getting the tank back to it previous beauty. I'll attempt to snap some pictures tonight!

Hey Bud it looks great, wish i could have helped a little more with the move but my hands and knees are just shot now adays. Looks good bro hey i got a dslr the other day yes it is a sony, A33, translucent mirror, 7fps 14.6 megs, awesome dude i love it!!!!

Smallblock;631446 wrote: Hey Bud it looks great, wish i could have helped a little more with the move but my hands and knees are just shot now adays. Looks good bro hey i got a dslr the other day yes it is a sony, A33, translucent mirror, 7fps 14.6 megs, awesome dude i love it!!!!
You can't hide money. Bring it over so we can do some TOTM shots. I got to practice.:lol2: Thanks everybody for the kind words. I can't wait until it splits.

I could have sworn I made a recent reply to this thread. Guess I was wrong. Smallblock came over and helped (did everything) set-up my ATO unit. I had an idea as to how I wanted to do it, just needed some reassurance to execute the idea. Well, it's all set-up now and I really have the itch to make it TOTM worthy. I got my first Chalice on Sunday, a two eyed, emerald mummy eye chalice. I am officially hooked.

So, Tuesday night I noticed my green bta had moved about 2" down on the rock he was on. (You can already see where this is going...) Well, yesterday I got home, did my daily inspection of the tank and notice he's not on the rock. I didn't panic because everything else in the tank looks great. Conducted a brief search of the tank showing no signs of my BTA. The rose on the opposite side of tank is nice and happy so I went on with my daily duties. Around 10 pm during my nightly Call of Duty Black Ops game, I hear what appears to be my drain to be incredibly noisy. This is indication to me that something is not right since the tank is virtually silent. The oceanic tanks have an overflow cover that sits under the rim of the tank. I pulled that out and found my BTA halfway in the overflow teeth. Its foot was on outside of the tank and I have no idea how I missed seeing his foot.

Panicking, I quickly turned the return pump off in hopes the BTA would work its way out of the teeth. After an hour and a half, with a little help from me touching the bubbles to get it to retract, it finally worked itself free. I gently detached it from the glass and stuck it in a nice rock right next to the RBTA. As of this morning the BTA was still in that rock and his foot was now attached.

I'm learning a BTA (let alone two) has no place in a reef tank. Blake, I'll give the BTA's one more chance and if they walk, they are gone! LOL

2011-04-20_21-47-41_468.jpg
alt="" />
2011-04-20_21-47-54_665.jpg
alt="" />
2011-04-20_21-47-33_422.jpg
alt="" />

My newest members of the tank:
2011-04-17_20-39-53_160.jpg
alt="" />
2011-04-17_20-39-41_141.jpg
alt="" />
I'm done with fish stocking for now. :)