Maples 45 gallon tech tank

Well, I had a few minutes to play around with my new camera last night so I decided I would upload them to my build thread. This camera has more buttons and functions then Carter has liver pills.
IMG_0256.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0257.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0258.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0259.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0260.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0264.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0267.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0269.jpg
alt="" />

Tank looks great, keep up the good work! Sorry to hear about the wrasse. What species are yours? Pylei, male?

reefknight;641838 wrote: Tank looks great, keep up the good work! Sorry to hear about the wrasse. What species are yours? Pylei, male?
Yes. It was my pylei female. She was always very shy. The male has such a great personality. Heading back to Pure Reef anytime soon?

Probably in a couple of weeks. Tank is cycling quite well! :D

Also if I'm not my buddy, MrFlameAngel, probably will be. So either way we should be able to help out. Fish getting tired of pellets...:yuk:

Where did you obtain your pair of Pylei's from? I've always liked them...loved Tim's harem @ Keen Reef.

reefknight;641873 wrote: Probably in a couple of weeks. Tank is cycling quite well! :D

Also if I'm not my buddy, MrFlameAngel, probably will be. So either way we should be able to help out. Fish getting tired of pellets...:yuk:

Where did you obtain your pair of Pylei's from? I've always liked them...loved Tim's harem @ Keen Reef.
Bill, my buddy purchased the male from Blue Planet and the female came from Blue zoo. He grabbed the male for 50 bucks!!!! I will be replacing the female after I get my onyx clowns from James.

Well, once again, BIG thanks to my buddy smallblock for coming through and helping me convert my bio pellet set-up into a gfo/carbon reactor! Hopefully this will help get rid of the little bit of algae that I have.

Finally took the plunge and grabbed some sand for the tank.
2011-05-18_12-41-18_749.jpg
alt="" />
2011-05-18_12-41-26_890.jpg
alt="" />
Big thanks to everybody who I aggravated to death about the sand. Especially Dave. lol

All we need is a cup and my longer arms!!!! I cant wait I think its gonna look really good with the Leds

Edit: plus I've got PVC son, Do you have school tonite?

Smallblock;646171 wrote: All we need is a cup and my longer arms!!!! I cant wait I think its gonna look really good with the Leds

Edit: plus I've got PVC son, Do you have school tonite?
Nah, no school but I am helping ria do a paper. Want to do it tomorrow? I'll rinse it tonight that way it's ready to add tomorrow. We need to talk about making our own food too. I'll try and find all the ingredients we need to duplicate Rods this weekend.

Smallblock;646179 wrote: Hey isn't that live sand? Do you rinse live sand?
It's supposedly "live" sand. I'd rather not have that oily film on the top of my water.

I dunno man ask somone on the board if and how you should rinse it so you can keep that good bacteria alive.

It might be okay un-rinsed, but then again it might crap up your tank with a film of dust. You've got plenty of "good" bacteria already. I'd rinse it.

Back