Maples 45 gallon tech tank

what size sump is that you are running? i have that same tank but alittle shorter, its a 37 gallon. it has an 22x18 footprint and inside the stand is more like 22x16 or so and im having a hard time deciding on sump size

MustangCaleb;646250 wrote: what size sump is that you are running? i have that same tank but alittle shorter, its a 37 gallon. it has an 22x18 footprint and inside the stand is more like 22x16 or so and im having a hard time deciding on sump size
It's a 15 gallon tank. I'll get the measurements tonight for you if you'd like.

MustangCaleb;646254 wrote: i had a 15 tall recommended but ive never seen one, whered you find it?
The sump came in the package when I got the tank. I believe it was ordered through petsmart. I know he had an order in at Blue Planet but this was during their transition.

Big thanks to Beccamc10 for the awesome corals as well as freebies. They gave me a HUGE frag, I dare say mini colony of a tricolor sps and a green sps which I have no idea the proper name for it as well as a watermelon chalice. You couldn't ask for a better set of reefers!

Not much has changed in the tank other than me adding a 20lb bag of Caribsea Hawaiian black sand. I LOVE the look of it.

Another big thank you to James Cook for breeding such a beautiful species of fish. I can't wait to get to Athens to pick up my new Onxy clown pair!!!!

pngf1.jpg
alt="" />

The way we added the sand really worked well. We took a two liter bottle and 1 inch pvc. Put the pvc in the tank and two liter on top. Fill the two litter with the sand and it will stay in the two liter. Grab some water in a cup and pour it in the two litter. It really starts to flow when you add the cup of water. The tank looks really good with the black sand Bud!!!

Smallblock;648345 wrote: The way we added the sand really worked well. We took a two liter bottle and 1 inch pvc. Put the pvc in the tank and two liter on top. Fill the two litter with the sand and it will stay in the two liter. Grab some water in a cup and pour it in the two litter. It really starts to flow when you add the cup of water. The tank looks really good with the black sand Bud!!!
Thanks Blake for all your continued help on keeping my butt in line. In the left corner, the vortech is still pushing the sand around causing it to show the glass. I may have to stick some of the bigger grains of sand there or move the vortech up some more.

mapleredta;648348 wrote: Thanks Blake for all your continued help on keeping my butt in line. In the left corner, the vortech is still pushing the sand around causing it to show the glass. I may have to stick some of the bigger grains of sand there or move the vortech up some more.

Hmmm, we will figure it out we always do!!

JNeel722;648423 wrote: Wow your tank looks amazing and that acan is sweet!
:D You have just became my favorite Noob! Haha. Thank you. I have a lot of money tied up in that acan that has yet to grow. Gained more color, but not a single polyp growth yet.:doh:

Lookin good man. are those shots taken with the new cam? They look really clear

Back