Marine velvet

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
Added shrimp and snails two days ago now two of my fish look to have marine velvet does nemos in Lilburn or the fish store sell copper power I already have a qt cycled I'm so mad at myself about this I'm trying to save them if I can

• Sad
Reactions: bzb
ive managed to remove the tomato clown and 1 butterfly fish sadly the other butterfly fish died last night and the anthias showns no signs at all of velvet for some reason hes gonna be the toughest to catch

well all the remaining fish in the tank are dead the rabbit fish i was able to pull out but the lyretail and coral beauty are dead behind the rocks i can see them and pull them but they are covered with snails and the two shrimp being eatin should i pull them? i still have the 1 pyramid butterfly and the tomato clown in QT being treated with cupramine still hanging in there this is the sort of thing that makes you want to quit this hobby but i will press on.

One good thing out all this is that if you wanna call it that is blacking out my tank since sunday caused my dinos problem to disappear ive also been dosing microbacter 7 as i read this helped people with dinos now i have to see if they will pop back up when i put the lights on a schedule again it sure its tough looking at this tank with nothing but inverts gonna be a long 9 weeks:(

the other 2 fish didn't make it the butterfly fish died on Thursday he was really struggling in the QT and wouldn't eat and the tomato clownfish died the next day im wondering now if it was velvet and brook because it didn't seem like copper did anything for them

the other 2 fish didn't make it the butterfly fish died on Thursday he was really struggling in the QT and wouldn't eat and the tomato clownfish died the next day im wondering now if it was velvet and brook because it didn't seem like copper did anything for them
I would think so, the quick death rate is usually a sign. Were fish gasping for air at the top of the tank? By the time you notice it, often too late. Copper doesn’t have time to work, only gets it in free floating form. Disease is still on the fish. If i remember correctly, you need formalin to knock out Brook. Sorry, for your loss.

I would think so, the quick death rate is usually a sign. Were fish gasping for air at the top of the tank? By the time you notice it, often too late. Copper doesn’t have time to work, only gets it in free floating form. Disease is still on the fish. If i remember correctly, you need formalin to knock out Brook. Sorry, for your loss.
yes they were gasping for air at the top and i had plenty of air flow in the QT so i tried adding more but they just kept struggling

my plan now is to setup a 55G in the next week and transfer the cycled sponge filter from my 10G QT to it place a large order of fish from an online vendor or locally depending on which i chose leaning towards 2x tomato clownfish 2x carberri anthias and 1x coral beauty and treat them in the QT with Chloroquine phosphate that i can get off ebay so that way by the time my tank is done with the fallow period i can place the fish in QT into my display tank

M
well all the remaining fish in the tank are dead the rabbit fish i was able to pull out but the lyretail and coral beauty are dead behind the rocks i can see them and pull them but they are covered with snails and the two shrimp being eatin should i pull them? i still have the 1 pyramid butterfly and the tomato clown in QT being treated with cupramine still hanging in there this is the sort of thing that makes you want to quit this hobby but i will press on.
An that really is a bummer. Man im sorry. Very

my plan now is to setup a 55G in the next week and transfer the cycled sponge filter from my 10G QT to it place a large order of fish from an online vendor or locally depending on which i chose leaning towards 2x tomato clownfish 2x carberri anthias and 1x coral beauty and treat them in the QT with Chloroquine phosphate that i can get off ebay so that way by the time my tank is done with the fallow period i can place the fish in QT into my display tank

Be careful with chloroquine phosphate & anthias. Some report they are highly sensitive to that med.

Did you dose the tank with Metro? Or are you feeding with Metro soaked?

My three fish I QT'd from my "velvet" outbreak are all doing fine, but I immediately dosed the QT with a scoop of Metro every two days (for six total) and fed Metro soaked frozen. I've also got a Copperband and a Kole tang in the QT with them, and everyone seems to be OK so far.

Did you dose the tank with Metro? Or are you feeding with Metro soaked?

My three fish I QT'd from my "velvet" outbreak are all doing fine, but I immediately dosed the QT with a scoop of Metro every two days (for six total) and fed Metro soaked frozen. I've also got a Copperband and a Kole tang in the QT with them, and everyone seems to be OK so far.
no the fish came down with it so fast all i could get in time was cupramine by then it was too late

• Sad
Reactions: bzb
Back