Marine velvet

So I've been reading so far what I see is tanks without a center brace use thicker glass

Got the QT setup saturday running it at 1.018 tried to match the salinity of the place i ordered the fish from. Im dosing it with microbacter 7 and i got plenty of aeration running i have 2 air pumps 1 rated for 60g and 1 rated for 20g a sponge filter on the 60g air pump and a powerhead rated for 50g tanks has about 40g of water in the tank and my fish came this morning a little disappointed in the order

i got 6 fish and most were tinier then i asked for but are doin ok so far

2x carberryi anthias very small i asked for medium/large they sent me 2 smaller ones
2x tomato clowns i asked for 1 small 1 medium/large but both are about the same size of 2" i guess thats ok because they arent fighting are hanging together
1x coral beauty is larger then i asked for but its doin good so far
1x one spot rabbit fish was way larger then i expected but doin ok so far as well

im going to also get a filter off amazon today so i can pickup the uneaten food fish waste ect

I used a super long pipette (Nemo has a bunch of em!) to get the uneaten food and waste off the bottom.

Are you going to run Copper Power or Cupramine at therapeutic? Or just observe first?

I used a super long pipette (Nemo has a bunch of em!) to get the uneaten food and waste off the bottom.

Are you going to run Copper Power or Cupramine at therapeutic? Or just observe first?
ive really been debating on whether to treat with copper or not i think i will observe and treat with metroplex first then prazi and observe if i notice any signs of ich or marine i will treat with copper so far all the fish look healthy and are eating well

Reactions: bzb
now ive gotten an issue where ive left the lights off schedule so long most of the algae has died off so my nassarius snails are eating my trochus snails out of hunger i guess. they have eaten 3 of them. i found 3 of them devouring one this morning poor little guy ive been ghost feeding the tank but i guess thats not enough

or maybe they were already dying and the nassarius snails just finished them off

I continue to feed my DT during fallow. Still doing a pinch of pellets daily and target feeding some of the larger corals with chopped up frozen mysis every few days.

So the foxface and tomato clowns and coral beauty are eating but the carberryi anthias still hide under the sponge filter havent seen them eat ive been feeding mysis shrimp when should i get worried they come out and swim but the second i walk into the garage they go back to hiding under the sponge filter

Fish have been in QT since Tuesday ive been dosing metroplex every 2 days going to do that for 10 days so that's almost finished I also dosed prazi pro last night going to dose that twice I will give another dose on Friday.

all the fish are eating well and look really healthy so far its much easier to treat fish with meds then I thought I've always been nervous about it

So the foxface and tomato clowns and coral beauty are eating but the carberryi anthias still hide under the sponge filter havent seen them eat ive been feeding mysis shrimp when should i get worried they come out and swim but the second i walk into the garage they go back to hiding under the sponge filter

I've found that if I only have Blue lights on over the QT and no other light source in the room that the fish don't seem to be able to see out of the tank well. This made them less spookish and ate more. Worth giving a try if you can.

After about 3-4 days without eating Anthias will start to be in trouble. Within another 3-4 days they will be pretty much gonners.

I've found that if I only have Blue lights on over the QT and no other light source in the room that the fish don't seem to be able to see out of the tank well. This made them less spookish and ate more. Worth giving a try if you can.

After about 3-4 days without eating Anthias will start to be in trouble. Within another 3-4 days they will be pretty much gonners.
Yea they started to eat a few days ago really well what I had to do was put the food Infront of the power head and hide so they couldn't see me lol

It's really weird my last anthias which was a lyretail wasn't this shy but both of these won't even swim in the tank if I'm standing Infront of it i have to hide

Are you diversifying the food? I’m doing half a cube of each: PE mysis, Emerald Entree, and Fish Eggs. Thaw it in a shot glass with a few drops of Selcon and Kent Garlic.

I’ve been meaning to stop by AA and see if Rit has LRS. Otherwise, might try making my own from various seafood from H-Mart.

Are you diversifying the food? I’m doing half a cube of each: PE mysis, Emerald Entree, and Fish Eggs. Thaw it in a shot glass with a few drops of Selcon and Kent Garlic.

I’ve been meaning to stop by AA and see if Rit has LRS. Otherwise, might try making my own from various seafood from H-Mart.
i may try another food because i usually just feed pellets, mysis and flake foods but i will probably get different brands of frozen to mix it up a bit

Reactions: bzb
I ran carbon in the QT to remove the leftover meds and the fish are back eating again i didnt know the prazi suppressed the appetite so i ran mextro plex for 8 days and i did 1 prazi treatment i wonder if thats enough my next scheduled prazi treatment is sunday or monday im wondering now if i should just skip it

It's my understanding Prazi only remains active in the water for about 24 hours, so the carbon may have been filtering out something else by now.

You're not running copper or CP, correct?

It's my understanding Prazi only remains active in the water for about 24 hours, so the carbon may have been filtering out something else by now.

You're not running copper or CP, correct?
No i was just running metroplex every 2 days and the one dose of prazipro

does anyone know if the fish store or nemos sells furan-2? it was recommended to me on r2r because the rabbitfish in the QT has some redness on the gills might have happened during shipment maybe i just noticed this 2 days ago my ammonia is still 0 in the QT and he still looks healthy and is eating well i just wanna treat him before i start putting fish back into the DT in the next week or two

Back