Marine velvet

Sorry to hear that man. I was pretty upset when my gramma and tangs died, they had tons of personality. I even lucked out with a gramma that wasn't shy, but whatever it was in the tank got him.

I'm showing signs of success with the QT I set up, running Copper Power and Prime to keep the ammonia neutralized. Dosing Prazi in two weeks, will match up the timing to my fallow period on the DT. I'm definitely a new believer in quarantine tanks - which I never did before in 10 years of reefing.

Oh, and for good measure, I'm following Humble Fish's QT guide. In addition to CP and Metro, I have a bottle of Rally and Prazi on hand for any emergencies and newcomers.

Oh, and for good measure, I'm following Humble Fish's QT guide. In addition to CP and Metro, I have a bottle of Rally and Prazi on hand for any emergencies and newcomers.
yea i plan to treat with copper power and metro im following his guide too

does anyone know what i would use to re attach the trim on an aquarium? could i use e6000 or maybe silicone? i got a great deal on a 55g tank and stand it for 30 dollars off marketplace,holds water but the trim on the bottom and top is rather old and coming off want to put it back on secure before i start filling this QT up and everything more cosmetic i guess

Sorry to hear about your losses.

If you buy your fish in groups I wouldn't rule out Chloroquine Phosphate. It's good, maybe the best, for several types of fish.
The guide in this post is what I go by.
You'll see that Butterflies don't do well with Ionic Copper, Cupramine... I made that mistake once :(

Both Lowe's & Home Depot sell GE Silicone 1.

Sorry to hear about your losses.

If you buy your fish in groups I wouldn't rule out Chloroquine Phosphate. It's good, maybe the best, for several types of fish.
The guide in this post is what I go by.
You'll see that Butterflies don't do well with Ionic Copper, Cupramine... I made that mistake once :(

Both Lowe's & Home Depot sell GE Silicone 1.
thanks yea when i get 2 more pyramid butterfly fish down the road i will have to change up the way i QT them maybe try copper power or Chloroquine Phosphate as it works well but anthias cant handle it so ive ordered 2x carberryi anthias 2x tomato clownfish 1x coral beauty and 1x foxface lo for delivery next tuesday i plan to treat them with cupramine and seachem metroplex so when my QT period is done my fallow period will be over with as well

Oh, one other thing. At the very end of QT I like to hit the fish with Prazi as it's a dewormer too. I've found when using it early on the tank is prone to a bacterial bloom, that's why I do it at the end now. If you get a bloom at that stage it's not as big a deal and you're going to be draining it soon anyway.

^^ Exactly my schedule! I had a bit of a bloom with the combo of CP, Metro in the tank, and Prime. I imagine Prazi would have turned the water into chowder.

Oh, one other thing. At the very end of QT I like to hit the fish with Prazi as it's a dewormer too. I've found when using it early on the tank is prone to a bacterial bloom, that's why I do it at the end now. If you get a bloom at that stage it's not as big a deal and you're going to be draining it soon anyway.
Ok ive added prazi to my amazon basket as well i will do as you did use it towards the end of the QT period after all these treatments these fish should be tough as nails lol

I’m doing the Prazi dose for the final two weeks of my CP @ 2ppm (starting end of this week). Next weekend, I’ll do a 25% water change and redose prazi (keeping copper @ 2ppm). First week of December will be my 50% water change and run carbon for two weeks while observing. Matches up with my fallow period in the DT.

I’m doing the Prazi dose for the final two weeks of my CP @ 2ppm (starting end of this week). Next weekend, I’ll do a 25% water change and redose prazi (keeping copper @ 2ppm). First week of December will be my 50% water change and run carbon for two weeks while observing. Matches up with my fallow period in the DT.
do you plan to leave your QT running all the time? or just when you want to add something new? im gonna put the QT in my garage and i guess leave it cycled

Nope, after these fish are in the DT, I’ll sterilize all the QT equipment and store it until I’m ready for more fish!

Hey, sorry to hear about your fish. I got the same thing a while back. I lost all but one fish. 12 in all. Where did you purchase your fish?

Hey, sorry to hear about your fish. I got the same thing a while back. I lost all but one fish. 12 in all. Where did you purchase your fish?
thanks it wasnt actually the fish that caused the infection the last fish i added before the infection was a month before it happened what happened was i added 2 cleaner shrimp and a bunch of snails i got from an online vendor 3-4 days before the velvet outbreak and one of the shrimp molted the next day after i added them thats when it all started the fish were fat and healthy til all this and i mostly get my fish from nemos or the fist store never had any issues til i added those inverts

i got the tank im using for the QT cleaned up and i have it on the stand about to reattach the trim at the top and i noticed it has no center brace i never noticed this before when i first got it i thought most 55g tanks had a center brace

I seem to recall owning a couple 55 gallons without a center brace.

Maybe your QT needs to be outside lol

I seem to recall owning a couple 55 gallons without a center brace.

Maybe your QT needs to be outside lol
there's no place on the trim for a center brace so i guess this model doesn't have one lol

Back