Mark/Chris Tank Build

When your right, your right. While not spotless, a little cleaner on the tank fronts. Also, the RO unit freshwater reserves for auto top offs starting to come together.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Thanks!

Heres a few pics of the saltmixing area and the freshwater container as well. The RO unit pumps into the top container and then it is gravity fed into the 55 gallon drum below where it mixes with salt and then auto pumps back up into the tanks. Still cleaning up the area a bit but it works great and is really unobtrusive for the house, and the mrs.

Also a pic of the angel being cleaned by the cleaner shrimp.

Tank pics are bad as I have a poor camera.
fieldset>

Mark that is a great looking system. I keep telling myself that I need to come by and take a look in person. Chris tells me that there are even more surprises coming.

Anytime. Just drop me a note and come check it out. As far as a few more things to come, Chris and I have been planning a few possible filtration changes to make things a little easier as far as upkeep and open to future expansion. Thanks
Bulldogg@me.com;447384 wrote: Mark that is a great looking system. I keep telling myself that I need to come by and take a look in person. Chris tells me that there are even more surprises coming.

:thumbs:The build is almost complete. Here are a few more pics. After making a few modifications to the original design, Chris and I decided to move the sump, skimmer, pumps, etc to the basement and create a fish room down there to get some of the mechanics out of the main living are and make maintenance much easier as well as give us the ability to expand in the future with frag tanks, species specific tanks, etc.

I can NOT believe that my wife agreed to this. I think that Chris and I used double reverse psychology or The Force to make this happen. I am still wondering if she really agreed to it, but Chris as my witness will testify to it, so I have to make this modifcation happen fast. Before she changes her mind. Im moving her office to the upstairs and converting her basement office to the fish room. Thanks Tessa. I really think she was just tired of seeing my test kits, filter socks, and protein scum around the kitchen sink. And, of coarse I cant thank Chris enough for all the guidance and mentoring during the duration of this project. I am going to owe you drinks for a life time.

Heres a few random pics including the new utility sink to go in the fish room.
fieldset>

Great build! I love the set-up of the reef and FOWLR. It looks great.
Can't wait to see more pics :)

A slight change of plans for Chris and I. As we were nearing the end of the project, the Mrs., who is the greatest wife in the world, decided to allow me to have her office space for a fish room. The stipulations were that I moved her office upstairs, which I have a ton of aches from doing, and there was also something about getting drapes or blinds for some rooms in the house that she has been wanting for years. Well, the fabric is ordered, and likewise the tank room has begun. Initially just to house the current filtration, set up a quarantine tank, install a utility sink, and use basically as a maintenance room instead of running all over my house and wood floors like an idiot with water, fish food, and chemicals dripping everywhere.

So, I pulled up all of the carpet and padding yesterday. I pulled up all the tack strips, filed the holes with cement patch, and cleaned the floor with razor blades to remove any old paint, sheetrock dust, dirt, etc.. By the way, this sucked. I wish it were Friday night instead of Sunday as I know I will be sore tomorrow.

After prepping the floor, I started to apply the epoxy. One coat tonight, and another in the morning with the no slip flakes added to the second layer. Here are a few pics of the sink that will be installed and the floors. Thanks for all the great threads on room builds and all the advice I have gotten from a bunch of folks concerning the build.
fieldset>

Oh it is just beginning. lol
I think there might be a few holes in the walls by the time Mark gets home tomorrow.

Sounds good! Second coat was applied early this morning with the flakes and some sand grit. Feels dry to the touch after a couple of hours. By no means was the job perfect, but it sure looks a lot better than the old concrete floor below. So, Im good with it. Plus it was really cheap to do.
fieldset>

Looks Good! I like the color choice! That will be a fancy fish room with all the beadboard and trim!

When I pulled the carpet in the closet I found the sump for the basement. Nice surprise!

Chris, I need to get that 240 up to you so we can get an idea what we are looking at to fix it, but something tells me you are tied up until about June! Great work on this build!

looks amazing, make sure all your failsafes are in place you dont want to get those wood floors flooded with saltwater.

i now were you can get sea brushes and trees and fans from cheap he's always done me right 6 plants 2 to 4 inches for six bucks. place is cramer's caribbean critters he has to ship but great stuff.

I thought I would update a little on the 2nd stage of this build. Blueline 100 return pump came in this week and I have finished drilling the 72"x18"x18" sump and we placed in the closet of the fish room. More area in the fish room for more the next adventure. I have almost finished the maze of tubing for the 1.5" drain and 1" return. From current sump (soon to be fuge) behind fireplace, down into RO closet, through cabinet, book shevles, another cabinet, into closet, through the bathroom (behind bathtub, that was tricky), into fish room and then into sump closet. Pics will come soon as I get er done.

Fish Scales2;452323 wrote: I thought I would update a little on the 2nd stage of this build. Blueline 100 return pump came in this week and I have finished drilling the 72"x18"x18" sump and we placed in the closet of the fish room. More area in the fish room for more the next adventure. I have almost finished the maze of tubing for the 1.5" drain and 1" return. From current sump (soon to be fuge) behind fireplace, down into RO closet, through cabinet, book shevles, another cabinet, into closet, through the bathroom (behind bathtub, that was tricky), into fish room and then into sump closet. Pics will come soon as I get er done.

:eek:WOW!

Here are a few of the progress pics on the sump room and a few of the tanks staring corals. Thanks for all the comments! Chis's designs are awesome. Mark
fieldset>

I stopped by yesterday. This is a beautiful setup and the plumbing maze is unbelievable. I can't wait to see to completed project (if there is ever a completed project).

Thanks for all the info and ideas.

I appreciate all the ideas and you coming by yesterday. I cant wait to get the actuators functional and I believe that your design on your system is the perfect solution.

I cant wait for us all to get together, drink some beers, play some poker, and enjoy all of our setups.

This is a little off topic, but here are pics of todays install. Not tank related, but this was the trade off for the Mrs allowing me to take over her office and make it a fish room. So, it is indirectly related.
fieldset>

Back