Mark/Chris Tank Build

You know Mark those curtains probably rival the cost of your tank set up. That is a lot of nice fabric. But she is a cool chick and I know this because she has pretty much let you take over the house with this build and because I have met her a couple of times. This will be the tank build of the year and you could not ask for anyone better to do it.

This is pretty cool!
watch

James Cameron has nothing on you guys. Great job Mark and Chris. It is very impressive when you first walk in and see those two massive tanks in front of you.

Its a good thing he isnt over 125 pounds or none of the below would ever be possible: You better believe he can fit into some tight spaces.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
456238=21754-Chris Filter Sock.jpg
>
456238=21754-Chris Filter Sock.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Chris Filter Sock.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
456238=21752-IMG_2656.jpg
>
456238=21752-IMG_2656.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_2656.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
fieldset>

All jokeing aside, we did get the sump moved into the basement last night. It was a late one so please excuse the mess in the pictures. Lots of tubes and wires that will soon be gone, but necessary to transition to mechanics down into the fish room.

Also, in order to get behind the refugium wall to run the drain downstairs, Chris had to crawl into a tight spot, build a homemade saw, possibly could be used as a shank if he ever gets into trouble, and trim back a couple of 2 by 4's to squeeze the plumbing in.

Still a bunch of tweaking to do, but we are operational in the new room.
fieldset>

Here are some pics of the sump room cleaned up a bit.

Starting to get it stocked up. Chris is working on replumbing the skimmer and when thats done we are going to start to up the bioload in the tanks and start having some real fun.

Moving the setup to the basement added about 75 to 100 gallons of water to the system.

Thanks for all the advice on the build out and the sump room from everyone. I really appreciate it. Mark
fieldset>

Hello everyone. Thought I would share some pics. Chris has been getting me some great livestock and corals based on my and Tessa's requests. She HAD to have a porcupine puffer. Had too. The rest are mine. My camera is terrible so excuse the blur and bad lighting. In person it looks sweet. On here it just looks a little drab.

I appreciate it Chris!!
fieldset>

Mark,
Tank build looks great!! Chris has definitely done some nice work and design on this system.

I have questions about your linear actuator: What is the max lift weight, the total travel distance, and did you purchase locally or on internet. Looking for one for my build that is starting in a few months.

Thanks,
Eric

Thanks Eric.

The actuators are made by accele. Mine are the 6112T model. The are rated at 110 pounds but I hear that they actual rate them for half of what they are capable of. Mine have the 12 inch stroke height. I think they ran about 150 dollars each or so. Im not sure of the site online, Chris found these, but I did a google search and found a bunch of sites that carry both these and similiar models.

Hope this helps.

Mark

They are 12 volt actuators and I got them from 12voltactuator.com I believe. We designed a pulley system and rails for them to slide on.

MarkO22;460969 wrote: Hello everyone. Thought I would share some pics. Chris has been getting me some great livestock and corals based on my and Tessa's requests. She HAD to have a porcupine puffer. Had too. The rest are mine.

I appreciate it Chris!!

The rose and clowns are a breeding trio that I recieved from David. Hopefully Baboon will be able to come down and gather more eggs when they get back to business. The powder blue is quite impressive, we got him from a wholesaler who has had him and the angel for well over a month. We first looked at these fish before Christmas but most know how I am about Powder Blues. So far I have purchased 3 in my tenure and 2 are still thriving and I plan to make it 3. Everyone is eating well except the porcupine seems to only be accepting brine. As long as he stays away from the cleaner shrimp. The peppermints are another story. Yesterday we counted 9 new polyps on the Lunar Eclipse palys, less than a month.

Man, I wish the sound worked on my computer. Impressive build, great job Chris.

Here are a few updates. Entire system has been up and running for close to 5 months now and all parameters seem to be stable and holding. Really made some nice improvements in the sump room with auto top off, draining water, filtration, etc. Makes all maintenance a lot easier having the dedicated room. Corals are doing great. I just got a huge yellow fiji leather in the pic below. Couldnt be happier with the coral growth. Here are a few pics.

Im still trying to lower the overall phospate levels, not too high, but would prefer it to be zero, and have a small amount of hair algae that Im working on getting rid of.

Im going to post some pics of the completed build with the actuators and fish room, but I have not posted in a while and happened to take a few pics tonight of the yellow fiji which I got from David, who some of you may know. The rose bubble also came from one of his tanks a few months ago along with the clown trio.

Thanks everyone for the help over the last half year. This club was been a huge source of knowledge and I have gotten to meet some really great people both in person and via email. Thanks for turning me on to it Chris. Also pictured are the turtles Chris gave my wifes class. She and the kids love them.
fieldset>

Back