My 33gal build, NEWBIE so be easy?

I don't think anyone is trying to make fun of you but they are giving good advice that you should accept. I know you have kept the dragonet for a few months now and some people do have success with them in small systems but it's very rare that they survive beyond 6 months to a year without a good natural food source population. As far as tangs go, I would recommend at least a 48" or longer tank since they like to dart around the tank and swim back and forth. Small tanks just aren't the most optimal environment for either fish. It's your tank and your money so do as you choose though.

You are only going to stop those anemones from spreading by removing all of them. They are not your normal desired anemones, but more of a pest anemone that can take over your tank.

Welcome to the club/forums and good luck with the tank.
:welcome:

Were Not Triyng To Be Mean At All , We Just Dont Want Those Awsome Fish To Die. A Mandarian Can Starve For Up 2 A Year Before He Die So Please Reconsider Before Its To Late

no not green, but they are redish pink "aptasia's," at least that is what one of your pics look like. Like i said use joes juice it comes with a syringe. Just get the syringe near the tube of the aptaisa and squirt it will suck it up and die. No pounding just unusually small tank for mandarin and tang. Mandarin needs alot of LR ond copepods from what i have learned and tangs need desent amount of swimming space. But it is an unusual hobby. I met a guy who has 15 different species of tangs in a 125 and no probs for 2 years! good luck

chrisjet;42548 wrote: no not green, but they are redish pink "aptasia's," at least that is what one of your pics look like. Like i said use joes juice it comes with a syringe. Just get the syringe near the tube of the aptaisa and squirt it will suck it up and die. No pounding just unusually small tank for mandarin and tang. Mandarin needs alot of LR ond copepods from what i have learned and tangs need desent amount of swimming space. But it is an unusual hobby. I met a guy who has 15 different species of tangs in a 125 and no probs for 2 years! good luck
That's not aptasia, it's majano.

Aiptasia is usually brown with skinny tenticals that come to a point at the tips. Here are some pictures: The first is Aiptasia and the second is Majano.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
42563=2552-aiptasia.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
42563=2552-aiptasia.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="aiptasia.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
42563=2553-majano.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
42563=2553-majano.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="majano.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yes that is what i was gonna say, they are very attractive, hate to see them go but i just dont wana ruin my tank, n yes today i will be taking my mandrian and sailfin up to fish garden to get a decent piece of coral for trade, got a ? though, i am starting to get this red velvet stuff on a couple of my lr, not red slime but like little velvet looking stuff, is this bad good or what?

jeep9783;42586 wrote: will joes juice work on majano anemonies?
i think it might at leaste thats what i think it says in the package ill check later and write back to you

jeep9783;42585 wrote: Yes that is what i was gonna say, they are very attractive, hate to see them go but i just dont wana ruin my tank, n yes today i will be taking my mandrian and sailfin up to fish garden to get a decent piece of coral for trade, got a ? though, i am starting to get this red velvet stuff on a couple of my lr, not red slime but like little velvet looking stuff, is this bad good or what?

Is the red stuff a bright red or dark red? Is it slime when you touch it? Does it easily wipe off? Any bubbles inside of it? Got any good pictures of it?

You will want to kill them all because you will not be able to control them. Once you get all your pretty corals growing and the Anenomes over grow them you will be mad. I don't think anyone is being mean but we are just trying to help. Good Luck!

is that an internet buy from sam? let me get some good pics of this red velvet stuff

Here is the pics
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
42682=2566-101_2032.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
42682=2566-101_2032.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="101_2032.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
42682=2567-101_2033.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
42682=2567-101_2033.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="101_2033.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

jeep9783;42681 wrote: is that an internet buy from sam? let me get some good pics of this red velvet stuff

<span style="color: black;">I've had that algae in one of my tanks before but I was never able to get a positive ID on it. The closest I've come to an ID is Red Velvet Algae but there's not much information available on that stuff. There's a chance that it may actually be cyno that isn't thriving. The same tank I had it in did end up with a cyno bacteria outbreak but it didn't spread from the red algae that was on the rock.</span>

Back