My Dream: 160 Oceanic Cube Build!

sals bowfront looks verynice saw it at the party and saw this tank also both are amazing. i wonder what you are going to do with it?

The Bow Front Is Just A Regular Pine Stand,the Stand On My 450 Is All Cherry Wood,i Actually Cut The Trees Down,used Family Mill And Plainer And Toung & Groove So This Wood Is Special To Me.it Is Beutiful, My Last House The Complete Basement Was Finished In Cherry Wood.

balagan;87289 wrote: It looks like a coralife...although unsure which model. I posted the instructions a while back:
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5599&highlight=coralife">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5599&highlight=coralife</a>

They were hard to find![/QUOTE]

I am not for sure what skimmer I have. It's not a typical Corallife, about 24" tall and 6" in diameter. There is no brand name on it anywhere, but this thing is huge! I am going to run it with a Rio1400, needlewheel, and see how it does. If anyone knows what brand/model this skimmer is I would greatly appreciate an ID! Thanks!:confused2:

yeah the coralife has a red ring where you screw the cup into the skimmer. Although the one you have looks just like it but not a coralife. Not sure what it is though.

You can see in the first picture that the skimmer is huge, almost as tall as the tank. Guess it could be an older version of a coralife, hopefully it can handle the volume of the system once it's set up. No way in hades' and I getting one of those Eurosuperduperthingamajigies that would require me to mortgage the house, sell the motorcycle and put my cat and dog on the street!

as long as you keep a constant water level wherever the skimmer is, you should be fine, the SS'ers are really good skimmers, as long as they arent touched too much. Somtimes they had issues with overflowing or leaking out of that lil red turn thingy on the return pipe. I say mesh mod that pump if you can and you should have a great skimmer.

glxtrix;87715 wrote: as long as you keep a constant water level wherever the skimmer is, you should be fine, the SS'ers are really good skimmers, as long as they arent touched too much. Somtimes they had issues with overflowing or leaking out of that lil red turn thingy on the return pipe. I say mesh mod that pump if you can and you should have a great skimmer.
yup that is the problem I have with mine it leaks at the red thing. I havent had time to mess with it and Bryan never had a leak when he had it. So I must mess with it a bit more but yeah they are great skimmers.

Congrats Mark, this is gonna look sweet up there. I can't wait to see it up bud, you know as usual just let me know if you need help.

E

Mark, I Told My Wife That Is You're Dream Tank, She Said She Nows My Dream Tank And Just Keep Dreaming.

horsesziggy;87779 wrote: Mark, I Told My Wife That Is You're Dream Tank, She Said She Nows My Dream Tank And Just Keep Dreaming.

I am not sure 1000GAL is a dream or total insanity Sal!!!:confused2:

Mark,

You got a really nice tank. I helped pick it up to put it on the stand at Sals disaster. Its heavy for sure so hope you got a few big guys to pick it up on the stand. When we moved it I used suction cups from work. It has a handle on it so its easy to move things. They are actually made for glass installers but we use them to move granite counter tops. Works great! Cant wait to see it up and running! Good luck.

Juston51;87782 wrote: Mark,

You got a really nice tank. I helped pick it up to put it on the stand at Sals disaster. Its heavy for sure so hope you got a few big guys to pick it up on the stand. When we moved it I used suction cups from work. It has a handle on it so its easy to move things. They are actually made for glass installers but we use them to move granite counter tops. Works great! Cant wait to see it up and running! Good luck.

It is a solid tank for sure! Wish we had those suction cups when I moved it out of Sal's basement. Heavy and ackward for sure, and a tad bit slippery when you are grunting and sweating to lift it into the back of a truck! What are you doing this weekend? "Suction Cups" for hire?:up:

I'd like to correct something I wrote in the first post of this thread. I misrepresented the builders of the most sturdy and outstanding stand! The follwoing paragraph should be inserted and replace my mistake!

"One advantage is that I will be able to combine the frag tank into this system, thus only have one system instead of three. The stand is raw wood, an excellent build by <span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="color: red;">BigD and Bud</span></span> for Sal during his 400GAL tank disaster."

Sorry Bud.....thanks for letting me know. Credit is given when credit is deserved. And this stand deserves lots of credit since it's build like a tank, M-1 Abrams that is! Thanks!

Stroid;87722 wrote: yup that is the problem I have with mine it leaks at the red thing. I havent had time to mess with it and Bryan never had a leak when he had it. So I must mess with it a bit more but yeah they are great skimmers.

That sucks- is it leaking at the red water level adjustment knob? I wonder if something happened to it while in transit. Where are you located? Perhaps I could come over and we could try to fix it. And if it's unfixable, I'll refund your money.

I just purchased a PHO reflector, MH & 2 VHO 24" for the canopy and also all the loc-line for the return from MarineDepot. Tonight I need to measure the dimensions for the custom overflow cover. Since the overflow is glass and it doesn't have any serated teeth at the top I and going to have a custom cover build to give more surface skimming ability and to block light from reaching inside the overflow. Anyone have a good source that builds black custom overflows? Thanks in advance!

horsesziggy;87702 wrote: The Bow Front Is Just A Regular Pine Stand,the Stand On My 450 Is All Cherry Wood,i Actually Cut The Trees Down,used Family Mill And Plainer And Toung & Groove So This Wood Is Special To Me.it Is Beutiful, My Last House The Complete Basement Was Finished In Cherry Wood.

Sweet!-:yay:

All the built-in's in my basement (bar, ent. center, aquarium stand, wine cellar and bookshelfs) are cherry as well (well okay...I used Cherry ply instead of tounge and groove). I didn't have the opportunity to cut and mill it (although it would have been cheaper!) but I woulda if I coulda (much to my wife's dismay!)

...sorry for diverting the thread....:eek:fftopic:

Back