My Dream: 160 Oceanic Cube Build!

Looking good! Wishing you luck on the fish/coral transfer. Looks like you have everything planned pretty well. :)

Mark, you should do it fine... especially with the training we had last time. Can't be worse than me and you working from 10am to 4am moving your s**t last time. I just remember lugging buckets down for 2 straight hrs and be so out of it I just fell over in the floor... :lol2:

Wasn't it like 30 degrees out too?

EANDREWS;94656 wrote: Mark, you should do it fine... especially with the training we had last time. Can't be worse than me and you working from 10am to 4am moving your s**t last time. I just remember lugging buckets down for 2 straight hrs and be so out of it I just fell over in the floor... :lol2:

Wasn't it like 30 degrees out too?

Yeah..that was a hell of a night! Thanks again for all the assistance!:up:

flyingarmy;94670 wrote: Yeah..that was a hell of a night! Thanks again for all the assistance!:up:

Anytime as usual bud. We need to get it for another night of mexican before ... well... ya know..

Here is the new fishroom design....what does everyone think?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
94785=5976-160Cube2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
94785=5976-160Cube2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="160Cube2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

That's insane Mark... hey, you need to stop by up here near canton and check out Jen's 1000g cube up at Image Ocean, being a cube lover you would flip a wig - its just retarded man, you go in and its the only thing you see in the whole place!

I think her batfish is about as big as my waist and probably 12 inches tall :shades:

No EYES!

Weekend update:

Thanks to roundman(& daughters BF) we got the tank up on the stand. Still haven't plumbed the sump, had some issues with the bulkhead. But we did get the following accomplished:

1. Lights installed in the canopy
2. 3" sandbed
3. 140lbs LR
4. filled 70% with new SW

Over the next few nights I'll finish plumbing the sump/refug and moving the contents of my 40 Cube (water and fish) into the new cube. Next I'll break down my 30 Cube and add the LR and seed the LS. Lastly I'll plumb my 40 frag into the system. Keep an eye out on this thread ofr updates!

I took several pictures today and will post those up tomorrow. Thanks again to roundman for all the help today, couldn't have gotten it all done today without him!

Updated:

Pictures from Sundays build. Still not ready for occupants, but after seeding it tonight with LS and filling the remainder of the tank with SW from my existing tanks it almost finished. The aquascaping is not yet complete, still have the LR from my existing tanks to add. I also have a leveling issue, off about 1/2", going to jack it up and use shims. I was hoping the foam board would have compensated for the slight offset. I still need to re-build the return pipe in the overflow and hook up the sump. Keep checking back for updates!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
95440=6004-IMG_7884.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
95440=6004-IMG_7884.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_7884.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
95440=6005-IMG_7887.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
95440=6005-IMG_7887.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_7887.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
95440=6006-IMG_7888.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
95440=6006-IMG_7888.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_7888.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
95440=6007-IMG_7889.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
95440=6007-IMG_7889.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_7889.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
95440=6008-IMG_7890.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
95440=6008-IMG_7890.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_7890.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

looking good I like how you did the light fixture in the canopy looks great!

<span style="font-family: Tahoma;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Mark, you look very happy in the picture, although aged a bit…:lol2: </span></span>

I'll Remember That We'll See Who The Smuck Is Next Time, Haha Now That The Tank Is On The Stand If You Need Any Help Let Me Now I'm Not Such A Smuck After All. Sal

Just placed an order for the following:

EcoMod Hanging Bracket - 2 Each
Modular Pump Eductor 1/2" - 2 Each

Has anyone had any experience with the Eductor? From my research they provide drastically improved water movement.

Article:
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/sept2003/review.htm">http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/sept2003/review.htm</a>

Another:
[IMG]http://www.kthsales.com/website/Misc/hello_salt_water_enthusiasts.htm">http://www.kthsales.com/website/Misc/hello_salt_water_enthusiasts.htm</a>

<span style="font-family: Tahoma;"><span style="font-family: Tahoma;">I&#8217;ve been doing a lot of research on eductors lately. You'll find alot of references if you search on 'DIY Eductor'. You can build it yourself very easily.</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Tahoma;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">I also found this: </span>http://www.aquarium-supply.biz/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RPC20072&click=2"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"><span style="color: #0000ff;">http://www.aquarium-supply.biz/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RPC20072&click=2</span></span></a></span>
<span style="font-family: Tahoma;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">I&#8217;m thinking about making a closed loop using them.</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Tahoma;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">BTW, the eductors you have referenced above are kinda bulky. That&#8217;s the main complaint I was reading&#8230;</span></span>
They are called penductors...[/FONT]

Hanin...the one's I just ordered are only 2" in length. Since they are going to be on my return locline I am not worried about size. After doing some more research they would work great on a CLS. Hopefully they will do as well on my return using a MAG 12.:up:

Back