My Dream: 160 Oceanic Cube Build!

wbholwell;88148 wrote: That sucks- is it leaking at the red water level adjustment knob? I wonder if something happened to it while in transit. Where are you located? Perhaps I could come over and we could try to fix it. And if it's unfixable, I'll refund your money.
Very kind of you! I will PM you details to not take over this thread.

Here is my initial thoughts on aquascaping the cube. One large outcroping in the back left hand corner, a small one on the right side and then a small island near the front of the tank. Let me know what you think! I will definitely drill either some arcylic tubes to hold the rockwork together or use epoxy.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
88705=5572-160AquaScape.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
88705=5572-160AquaScape.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="160AquaScape.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
88705=5573-160AquaScape1.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
88705=5573-160AquaScape1.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="160AquaScape1.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
88705=5574-160AquaScape2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
88705=5574-160AquaScape2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="160AquaScape2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I think that looks bad you should just give me the tank and not suffer this misery. LOL It will look great. Plenty of room for the fish.

mark maybe i should have posted the tank $$ no just kidding i'm glad you are happy with it i took tommorrow off first time i took a personal day in 25 plus yrs feels strange and i'm unreliable, anyway planning on p/u top.

JAustin;88877 wrote: how long untill you set it up? I can not wait to see this tank full!

Should have it all put together by the end of Oct. Sal's bringing the canopy this weekend. Reflector/Loc-Line/XLG Mag-Float Scraper being delivered on Monday but I am traveling next week for a conference so there will be a delay getting things put together.

Still need:

1. Order Custom Black Acrylic Overflow cover 12"X6.5"X29"
2. Put lights into canopy: 400W MH w/2X75W VHO
3. Install plumbing: return 3/4" to 1/2" LL, overflow already together
4. Get LR & BR from Sal

Found out which skimmer I have. It's a Pacific Coast PS-400P, rate up to 400GAL. Not the top of the line Euro or ASM but it will do the job, especially with the mesh mode on the needle wheel.

i think sal might start falling short of lr. i bought some, my freind is getting some tommorow, and you are getting some. just joking he has an endless supply.

can you post a pic of that skimmer with the bubbles i just want to see it in action thanks.

blind1993;89338 wrote: i think sal might start falling short of lr. i bought some, my freind is getting some tommorow, and you are getting some. just joking he has an endless supply.

can you post a pic of that skimmer with the bubbles i just want to see it in action thanks.

I should be able to get it up and running to test this weekend. I'll post up some pics for ya Blind....no problem!:D

ok thanks i am just wanting to compare and contrast the bubbles in a wonbro, this one, and a coralife 220 superskimmer.

the coralife beat the won bro but not by much.

Update:

- Skimmer is being fixed. JB Welded the input fitting where there was a crack. Tested it and even with the leaking fitting it was producing some great bubbles.

- I added a bottom into the stand. Not the best of carpentry, but a not bad using a sawsall.

- I built the overflow out of 1 1/4" PVC with a homemade durso.

- I built the return with 1" PVC that goes to a 3/4" locline then splits to a 1/2" locline with check valves.

- The custom 1/4" overflow cover should arrive today so I can add it to cover the all glass overflow. (provides more surface skimming and keeps the critters from getting into the overflow)

- Recieved the new reflector from Marine Depot, PHO 24" MH with 2XVHO. Still waiting on the canopy from Sal.

Hopefully if everything comes together this week I'll be able to get it set up this coming weekend. Then I will be posting up my 40 Cube and 29 Cube FS. Details to follow later!

Thanks for checking this thread out! Updates to follow!

If that fiji rock in your illustration ?? jk - Looks good, i might have missed it but what are you doing for flow , CL, powerheads ??

chrisjet;93117 wrote: If that fiji rock in your illustration ?? jk - Looks good, i might have missed it but what are you doing for flow , CL, powerheads ??

Right now I am going to use 2 seios and possibly 2 Mod'd MJ1200s. Have to work out flow once it's up and running.

Bleedingthought;93120 wrote: Not to jump the gun, Mark, but how much will you be asking for the cubes? Been wanting a cube for a while now... :)

Not for sure yet how much for the cubes. I'll post something up once I get them taken down and cleaned.

Update:

Received the custom overflow cover built by Reefmania out of 1/8" black acrylic to cover the glass overflow int he 160. Test fitted it last night and fits like a glove. Qaulity products from Reefmaina! I'll silcone it to the glass this evening. One more step toward 160 completion!
94229=5907-IMG_7865.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
94229=5907-IMG_7865.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_7865.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

It was $72 shipped...Bob Porter and Reefmania were excellent to deal with and make a great product!

flyingarmy;94238 wrote: It was $72 shipped...Bob Porter and Reefmania were excellent to deal with and make a great product!

that's a sweet deal agent smith....!

Update:

Last night I siliconed the overflow cover to the glass overflow. It fit like a glove. This weekend it goes on the stand and if I can get the canopy from Sal, I'll install the lights and finish plumbing the sump/refug. Then all that will be left is to combine 30 & 40 Cubes! Slowly, aclimating all the inhabitants. I'll use most of the current water in those systems to fill the 180 with about 100GAL of new SW. Hopefully no stress or loss of fish or inverts. The only fish I am worried about getting along are my 2 Seabae Clowns and my Maroon Clown. As long as each has thier own territory all should be well. Fingers crossed and nets ready!
94597=5962-IMG_7880.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
94597=5962-IMG_7880.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_7880.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I would be concerned about the Maroons mine dont like visitors...but looks great so far! Let me know if you need some frogspawn..I will be giving some away (will post in livestock forum).

Stroid;94607 wrote: I would be concerned about the Maroons mine dont like visitors...but looks great so far! Let me know if you need some frogspawn..I will be giving some away (will post in livestock forum).

I am hoping that since it's a large enough system they will have thier space. My Seabaes host in the xenia. I hope that the Maroon will leave them alone. Thanks for offering the frogspawn, I have a 2 head and a 8 head frogspawn already. Trying to figure out coral placement but need to wait till all the aquascaping is complete. I think its going to be an "on the fly" installation with some forethought!:eek:

Back