Odd photo request... let's see your doors!

linda lee

Market
Reaction score
Take a quick snapshot... no matter what they look like. I want to see 'em all. DIY, custom stands, store-bought or whatever. I need ideas.

So.... what's on <u>your</u> stand?

>

Let me grab one.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
147306=9179-HPIM7070.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
147306=9179-HPIM7070.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="HPIM7070.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Doors on and off...
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
147321=9182-HPIM2164.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
147321=9182-HPIM2164.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="HPIM2164.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
147321=9180-HPIM2444.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
147321=9180-HPIM2444.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="HPIM2444.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
147321=9181-HPIM2555.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
147321=9181-HPIM2555.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="HPIM2555.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Mine are just like Alans....euro hinges are the way to go. Just make sure you buy the $10 kit that makes the drilling of the holes for the hinges to sit into the door a lot easier. I know some idiot who used a Dremel to cut out the hole.....ok, that idiot was me :(

Here is the bit for the drill:

00006960.jpg
>http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/woeimages/00006960.jpg</a>

Here is the hidden euro hinge installed:

a>

I am doorless....doorfree....wide open so the world can see!

But Euro Hinges are the way to go if I had doors.

Linda, you saw mine from my tank build. I got mine from cabinetdoorsandhardware.com. They have any size and style you can imagine. If they dont have what you want they can make it for you. It is cheap too!!! I just got unfinished oak and then stained them the same color as my stand

chull13;147429 wrote: Linda, you saw mine from my tank build. I got mine from cabinetdoorsandhardware.com. They have any size and style you can imagine. If they dont have what you want they can make it for you. It is cheap too!!! I just got unfinished oak and then stained them the same color as my stand

Thanks for the tip ~ will check it out!

here are mine really simple doors with just a basic molding on it and a large handle.

IMG_2837Small.jpg
alt="" />

Lowes has some nice Shell, Star Fish and Ocean specific door handles. At least they did last year when I was buying handles to replace the ones on my old 40 Cube.

This is the beginning of my doors.

PA062728.jpg
alt="" />

In the process.........

PA062729.jpg
alt="" />

Almost there.........

PA062730.jpg
alt="" />

Finished!

P2223105.jpg
alt="" />

Not quite as fancy as some others, but I was going for simple.:D

If anyone is interested here is a link to my 65 build.
showthread.php

crab0000;159013 wrote: Not quite as fancy as some others, but I was going for simple. My stand and canopy are both DIY.

Thanks! Will check out the pictures when I get home; filter blocks them here @ work.

And I'm going for simple too, since the DIY stand is already *busy* enough.

We've run into a problem though in that there's very little clearance between the door opening and the bottom baseboard. Not sure how we'll get around this. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

2297797clearance.jpg
alt="" />

Stand is being stained/finished and will be ready to put up the tank this weekend. "I guess I'm going to be doorless... doorfree and open for the world to see" like Mark. Can't put off moving my stuff from the 55g to the 90g any longer. Critters are getting restless.

:D

Wow, crab. I refreshed and now the pictures are there. VERY nice job!

Please post a picture of the doors attached when you get that far. (Open and closed) How much overlap do you have on your opening?

How much room do you have between the top of the baseboard and the opening?

Linda Lee;159018 wrote: Wow, crab. I refreshed and now the pictures are there. VERY nice job!

Please post a picture of the doors attached when you get that far. (Open and closed) How much overlap do you have on your opening?

Thanks, it paid off building custom cabinets while in college! They're acually installed; I just haven't taken a pic yet. I have 1/2" overlap all the way around. These are the hinges I used
product.cfm

Back