Rimless Biocube.. :)

hellfire

Market
Reaction score
So we got bored tonight, and took a chance.. I think it came out awesome.

Anyone done this before?

Sorry for pic, forgot the camera at the shop. Its not cleaned up yet, still need to get the remaining silicone off with some rubbing alchohol.

0_IMAGE_0531.jpg
alt="" />

Tyler

Looks good. On a tank that small, and since the front glass is corner-less, I would think it should hold fine as well.

I like it.

How'd you do that? On my BioCube, the rim is one piece with the sump.

On second look, it actually looks a lot like those expensive EOS systems, does't it? You could even pass it of as a new type of Elos. Buy you an Elos sticker to slap on it and sell it for 1500!

Derek_S;358653 wrote: Looks good. On a tank that small, and since the front glass is corner-less, I would think it should hold fine as well.

I like it.

Thanks, Yeah thats what we figured as well. Since it has no edges, it should be stronger.

Dakota9;358654 wrote: How'd you do that? On my BioCube, the rim is one piece with the sump.

We cut the sump section, so it is a seperate peice.

bclark7169;358656 wrote: looks good

Thanks!

Derek_S;358677 wrote: On second look, it actually looks a lot like those expensive EOS systems, does't it? You could even pass it of as a new type of Elos. Buy you an Elos sticker to slap on it and sell it for 1500!

LoL.. Anyone have an ELOS sticker!? ;)

atreyu917;358695 wrote: very cool. What plans for fish do you have for it?

It has a perc in there now. Then just some goby and a couple chromis. We have all our other fish in the 120. This tank is just a softie tank.

Tyler

Very cool. I think it looks great. How are you lighting the tank?

jcusmarine;358722 wrote: Very cool. I think it looks great. How are you lighting the tank?

Viper 150W

au01st;358723 wrote: Looks great! I like the rimless look on curved front tanks.

Thanks.

I'm suprized more people don't do this. Once you ditch the hood and stock lights there really is no reason to keep the black rim on there.

Tyler

ares;358746 wrote: hmmm Id think that the rim might be securing the display pane to the back of the tank if it were attached to the sump section... the front corners might not be a concern, but what about where it attaches to the back? that might not be designed to hold weight like that...

+1.... Was thinking the same thing.

Then again, I cut the brace out of my 65g when everyone said it would cause the tank to fail, and it turned out fine.

ares;358746 wrote: hmmm Id think that the rim might be securing the display pane to the back of the tank if it were attached to the sump section... the front corners might not be a concern, but what about where it attaches to the back? that might not be designed to hold weight like that...

Dakota9;358755 wrote: +1.... Was thinking the same thing.

Then again, I cut the brace out of my 65g when everyone said it would cause the tank to fail, and it turned out fine.

Yeah, thats why we said we took a chance. ;)

We'll see. I'll let everyone know if I come home to a flood. But I researched last night, and I found others have done the same without issue.

Tyler

Back