Tds

gwen_o_lyn

Market
Reaction score
Please post your TDS reading, and corresponding city, and zip.

38-52 ppm
Cartersville

Wow what a great idea for a thread! Thanks Gwen! Keep them coming folks!

A little up the street....

Spartanburg 29301
TDS - 42 ppm

I somehow got into a conversation with my cube neighbor this morning about "having no water in the plant (corporate cutbacks BS)" and Bob suggested I drink tap water, and I was like, not unless I know the TDS!! And then I was curious how the TDS is around the city. So this is where the idea for the thread was born.

I'm not sure if Bob understands what I mean by TDS, but he seemed to go along with the conversation. :)

I find myself always talking "tanks and fish and corals" with people who prolly don't really care!!! I have problems.

I'll agree that youve got problems... but I talk hobby stuff to people that look at me with a blank stare all the time. So I can atleast relate with you there

Looks like Marietta's losing so far.... where's everyone else?

Macon, GA 31201
85ppm Holy crud! no wonder I'm replacing my filters...

Total Dissolved Solids

Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) are the total amount of mobile charged ions, including minerals, salts or metals dissolved in a given volume of water, expressed in units of mg per unit volume of water (mg/L), also referred to as parts per million (ppm). TDS is directly related to the purity and quality of water and water purification systems and affects everything that consumes, lives in, or uses water, whether organic or inorganic.

We all gotta start somewhere ;) Glad u asked!

Found u an article too and maybe this helps explain the importance of clean water in a reef tank...

a>

Thanks, Here in Covington they just pump it straight out of the river. Its pretty clean if it don't rain.

No, I use RO/DI water now. But I did do my water changes with the river water in the beginning.

Back