Tds

tsciarini wrote: TDS 26
Woodstock (Towne Lake)

Yeah what he said!:thumbs: I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ALL ARE TALKING ABOUT. So I will just use my neighbors.:jester:

Roswell, GA 30075

TDS = 154 ppm

Holy crap... Fortunately, the RO/DI output is reading at 0 ppm. Normally I see TDS in the range for 50-70 for the tap.

Just tested the water for the Kingdom of Fayettenam. 65ppm!? Let me do it again with another kit.

44-45 TDS in Alpharetta and 1 coming out the back side. Used to be 0.

Joe

Nice that this just got revived since I just installed my RO/DI.

Lawrenceville:
Tap 47
RO 0
DI 0
RO/DI once in the closed container for a few days 10
Bottled water from Sams 17

Budsreef;71669 wrote: RO/DI once in the closed container for a few days 10
You should find what's growing/dissolving in your container. RO, as far as I know, should not gain ions just sitting in a closed container.

George;71677 wrote: You should find what's growing/dissolving in your container. RO, as far as I know, should not gain ions just sitting in a closed container.

That's what I was thinking too so I emptied it last night and totally dried it before making a new batch. I just checked the new batch and it was at 0. I'm thinking the problem before was that I use the same pump to move water from the ro/di into the sw tub as for moving water out of the sw tub.

dawgdude;71751 wrote: Whats the cheapest place to get a TDS?

Online. I just ordered & received a dual TDS meter (for measuring the TDS of both the incoming and outgoing water) from Buckeye Field Supply- $33.72 shipped.

I got mine at
a>  The owner Sam is a great guy.  Very helpful

The city of Fayetteville and others in Fayette County is facing some serious water problems. 2,000,000 gallons out and only 650,000 coming in, the rest is pumped from wells and barrowed from the county.

Fayette county water is 65ppm TDS as I've tested a few months ago, and the water department lab have confirmed this. The current TDS in some cities in this county is 215-245ppm depending on how the well water is mixed with county water.

Unless you live in Atlanta or north of Atlanta, I highly suggest you to test your TDS readins. If you live in Fayette county and havn't changed ur DI cartridge in 4 months, it's time to do it now. I'm getting a 235ppm reading going in the RO/DI and a 165ppm coming out the clean end...

I'm going to go home and test the calcium and carbonate hardness of straight tap water and RO/DI water and see how many PPM of it is contaminants. I mixed my RO/DI water with ReefCrystal salt and got a 15.5DKH reading! Hope the high TDS is just carbonates and calcium and not other bad stuff.

Back