Tds

Big D;71913 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">That's probably it Bud... your probably getting some residual salt into your container over time, unless your rinsing the pump out with tap water before putting it in your RO container, then it could be contaminating your supply. I have a pump that stays in my brute RO container and even after two weeks, my TDS still reads 0-1. </span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">Big D</span>

Yea, I don't rinse it when going from one to the other. I'm getting a QuietOne 1200 from Sam when they come in and will run it outside the tubs so only the hose will go in when I'm pumping instead of the whole pump.

I just ordered from this ebay site. The handheld unit was the cheapest price around and the guy is local so I got in the mail in 2 days without any added shipping costs above the standard. The link is;
http://cgi.ebay.com/HANNA-Primo-TDS-Meter-PPM-Tester-Conductivity_W0QQitemZ280144866099QQihZ018QQcategoryZ42291QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/HANNA-Primo-TDS-Meter-PPM-Tester-Conductivity_W0QQitemZ280144866099QQihZ018QQcategoryZ42291QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem</a>

just another option...

bobz

We got some good water in GA. A friend in Arazonnam tap is 950 TDS after his RO 28 TDS.

I tested a bottled water also 19 TDS. I'd bet their is some bottled watert higher than our tap.

ouling;71933 wrote: I'm getting a 235ppm reading going in the RO/DI and a 165ppm coming out the clean end...
Have you fix this problem yet?
235ppm TDS should be reduced to no higher than 10-12 ppm with the average 75 GPD RO. After the DI it should be 0 ppm

Not always a 0 tds after the DI. This is what I use now.

9 stage quad DI. 0TDS Also I use a very conservative TDS meter which always reads a bit higher. I do an 110v conductivity test instead.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
72050=4653-Picture 336.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
72050=4653-Picture 336.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 336.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Dacula mid 30's

You guys don't know how lucky we have it here, in DFW area were I moved from a couple years ago 300 TDS was low!!! Having said that our low TDS is still loaded with phosphates (like off the chart on a Salifert test) so RODI still very important!

tnyga;72414 wrote: does the city post these results?

Call them and ask, they usually will as long as you sound professional. But not all labs test TDS everyday.

ReefReaper;72546 wrote: Newnan is always between 51 and 57.

Big D;71647 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">Newnan, 30263 (yes, we're in Georgia) :D </span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">TDS = 63</span>

Guess that shows how either the TDS or the TDS meters can vary, eh?

just tested mine...from tap 8ppm from 30309

4ppm from the waste section of the RODI and 0ppm from the good. Man with 8ppm who needs RODI? LOL....still gonna use it tho ;)

glxtrix;72672 wrote: just tested mine...from tap 8ppm from 30309

4ppm from the waste section of the RODI and 0ppm from the good. Man with 8ppm who needs RODI? LOL....still gonna use it tho ;)

Your waste water should be higher than your tap water. If not your RO membrane has a issue.

Roland Jacques;72826 wrote: Your waste water should be higher than your tap water. If not your RO membrane has a issue.

I'm not sure, b/c the waste water line is still after the sediment and carbon prefilter.

wbholwell;72830 wrote: I'm not sure, b/c the waste water line is still after the sediment and carbon prefilter.
That very ture. With that low of a tds a good carbon... could very well lower your tds 5 or 6 TDS.

how is it possible to have a higher ppm from waste than from tap??? Where does it magically gain waste?

Back