Tds

Well, if you didn't have any prefilters the TDS of your waste water would</em> be higher than the TDS from the tap. Because the TDS after the membrane is lower, the TDS from waste must be elevated.

glxtrix;72859 wrote: how is it possible to have a higher ppm from waste than from tap??? Where does it magically gain waste?

That is how RO membranes work, they seperate good water from bad water. Your RO mebrane rejects bad "waste" water and allowes good water by. Normally they reject at about 96% of the TDS.

If 100TDS goes in your RO, and 4TDS comes out (good water), the remaining 96 TDS goes out with the waste water.
The 96 TDS is also diluted at about 4:1. So your waste water is normally 20-25% higher than than the water feeding it. 96TDS/4 = 24tds + your your tap water at 100TDS = 124 TDS waste water.

I just read this on a bottle of Fiji drinking water "TDS=210" :eek:

Ya they add stuff back to the bottled drinking water, sodium, usually flouride, minerals, etc!

WOW, mine is 2.....yeah it's 2. They just updated all the plubming in town and they were going for high quality water, they sure got it. I just bought a coralife 22GPD RO unit and that takes it to 0. No DI needed here :)

Ray City GA
TDS - 2

anyone in covington or knows their numbers? I know it comes from lake Varner and I hear its really low...

JAustin;84492 wrote: WOW, mine is 2.....yeah it's 2. They just updated all the plubming in town and they were going for high quality water, they sure got it. I just bought a coralife 22GPD RO unit and that takes it to 0. No DI needed here :)

Ray City GA
TDS - 2
Wow, 2 TDS Hard to believe. If thats right, you dont need a RO at all. Carbon then DI is what id do, and not watse the extra water. drout and all. It will probable go up after a good rain but if it doesn't, wow.

Nuts huh, the TDS meter is new and calibrated. It shows the city water to be 65. Maybe they have a huge rodi unit in the water treatment center....lol

Back