Using apex salinity probe to run ATO pump

franciscosalazar;990661 wrote: Yes, someone will be by to check the 1 gallon reservoir for any disasters...

Sorry, wasn't picturing a 1g reservoir.....
Sounds like you're fine

I had a PM2 with the salinity probe and had constant problems with it fluctuating and reading incorrectly. I calibrated it dozens of times. I really didn't want to go out and buy a new probe as I bought it used. So I scoured the forums looking for an answer and most said the same thing. The probe is really only intended to be able to track changes and may or may not be completely accurate. I got on the phone with Apex support and they pretty much said the same thing. It's not the number its reporting, but the fluctuation that it's good at tracking. I finally gave up on it. Take it with a grain of salt. Maybe others have had a better experience with their salinity probe and its accuracy.

Bcavalli;990705 wrote: I had a PM2 with the salinity probe and had constant problems with it fluctuating and reading incorrectly. I calibrated it dozens of times. I really didn't want to go out and buy a new probe as I bought it used. So I scoured the forums looking for an answer and most said the same thing. The probe is really only intended to be able to track changes and may or may not be completely accurate. I got on the phone with Apex support and they pretty much said the same thing. It's not the number its reporting, but the fluctuation that it's good at tracking. I finally gave up on it. <u> Take it with a grain of salt.</u> Maybe others have had a better experience with their salinity probe and its accuracy.
Good one:)

I've never been able to get my probe to calibrate correctly, so I wouldn't trust it. It is not accurate either with level or with rate of change. I seem to do fine with just putting in a certain amount of top off daily and watching salinity over time.

I love my apex but I wouldn't trust this setup for more than your two week trial. The one gallon tank is a good back up plan but you might burn up your pump. I use my probes as gauges for the system...for big swings, that's it. In fact, you can't even calibrate the orp probe. You get a base line and monitor from there.
Good luck.

Back