What did you do to your tank today

What kind of live sand?

You probably aren't going to get pods from a bag of CaribSea.

Yep. That's what I used. Disappointing. Ah, well...I supposed I'll have to order some off the 'net somewhere to seed the tank with them.

trigger-happy;481656 wrote: Yep. That's what I used. Disappointing. Ah, well...I supposed I'll have to order some off the 'net somewhere to seed the tank with them.

See if anyone here has some spare Chaeto. I got a ball from another member that had plenty of pods in it.

I'd offer you some but I can't get it to grow out.

Last night, I tested the water, topped her off, and cleaned the glass. Today, I cleaned the skimmer and gave her a visual inspection. All is well.

Took my new little male blue jaw out of QT and placed in DT.....installed my ATO and did a 15g WC......and changed out the filter sock......

Got my new impeller in for my mag 18. Decided I was going to plumb up my skimmer. Went to HD for some 1-1/2 PVC and union. Like always they were missing a key piece of the project so I left LOL.

johnr2604;481776 wrote: Got my new impeller in for my mag 18. Decided I was going to plumb up my skimmer. Went to HD for some 1-1/2 PVC and union. Like always they were missing a key piece of the project so I left LOL.

Home Depot has been slacking lately.. I'll be glad when they get that new Lowes done..

DrNecropolis;481778 wrote: Home Depot has been slacking lately.. I'll be glad when they get that new Lowes done..
I'm gonna hit the one in Villa Rica up later. Hopefully get the skimmer and a temp light setup going tonight. I will be happy when we get a lowes. Then at least there will be more than one place.

Today I spent about an hour cleaning glass, installing two new power heads and testing water.

Added some nice white sand to half of my tank. The old sand literally had coraline growing on it making it purple, which is cool, but made the whole tank darker.

Took a small piece of acylic, bent it, and made a little shelf that I'll start putting frags on once the mothers grow a little more. Yesterday, put a "recirc" T off the return pump and took the backpressure off the return pump. Thank Melev for the idea at the meeting.

Dosing, dosing, and more dosing....on that note. Dear little baby jesus......please bring me a half dozen dosing pumps at low discount prices so that I may sleep sound at night knowing that all of tanks will be happy at steady alkilinity and calcium levels. Dear lord I know if I keep on buying quality products for my tanks my wife will find the credit card receipts and end up pulling a loraine Bobbet on me. I dont want that little baby jesus. amen Sleep tight dont let the montipora eating nudibranches bight.

Picked up more frags the turbos knocked down, fed the fish and nem. water change on pico tank, cleaned glass again, stared at what I believe are snail eggs on the glass. tweeked the skimmer more..

johnr2604;481780 wrote: I'm gonna hit the one in Villa Rica up later. Hopefully get the skimmer and a temp light setup going tonight. I will be happy when we get a lowes. Then at least there will be more than one place.
You know where its going in dont ya?

I meant where the Lowes was going.. Going to be at the corner of 278 and Bill Corrupt pkwy.. Where they are doing all that grading..

Back