210 Tang Reef

I am really starting to appreciate the amount of work that goes into these larger builds. Every little aspect seems to take up an entire weekend! Not complaining though- I actually love the process and enjoy learning new things.

This past week I installed 2 dedicated circuits for the tank. One will run the return pump and the other will run everything else.

IMG_6903.jpeg

I am really starting to appreciate the amount of work that goes into these larger builds. Every little aspect seems to take up an entire weekend! Not complaining though- I actually love the process and enjoy learning new things.

This past week I installed 2 dedicated circuits for the tank. One will run the return pump and the other will run everything else.

View attachment 27242
Nice! Glad you could get it done by yourself. So many are afraid to work on electrical by themselves.
Isn't it amazing how many little task there are to do. I for one will be glad when all the little things are done and can actually start growing coral and keeping fish!

I for one will be glad when all the little things are done and can actually start growing coral and keeping fish!
Same.. cannot wait to be done with the build stage.
That being said, I am doing my best to measure 3 times and cut once this time around. Every other setup of mine in the past has ended up with me realizing I should have built this or that differently or should have had this at that height or vice versa. So hoping this will be the build to end all builds for me... silly I know

Played with the rock work all night. For some reason, this is always the most difficult part for me. I am a left-brained dude and am lacking in the creativity department so my rockwork usually just looks like a pile of rocks! lol
Anyway, I finally realized that less is more. Or at least for my taste

IMG_6925.jpeg

Played with the rock work all night. For some reason, this is always the most difficult part for me. I am a left-brained dude and am lacking in the creativity department so my rockwork usually just looks like a pile of rocks! lol

View attachment 27343
[/QU

View attachment 27343
Funny I was just on BRS looking at rock and decided to log in.. I think it looks Awesome!

Thanks man!
Not sure if you are on R2R but if you were on BRS looking to buy rock, you have to see this piece this guy made- for sale too!--

Thanks man!
Not sure if you are on R2R but if you were on BRS looking to buy rock, you have to see this piece this guy made- for sale too!--

That piece looks awesome and its still hard for me to believe its just 1 dollar. I'm going to pm him and see for sure. Thx for the link and yes of course I'm on R2R :D

Should have sprung for the 150 or 200 gpd RODI.... this 75 is slooooow lol

When i started making water to soak the rock it moved sooo slow I upped the pressure in the house to make it work.
Had me nervous so I ordered the Booster pump for the RO/DI and turned the house back down after I made 2 Brutts of water.
Ive got the water saver upgrade kit and found that when its installed you definitely need the Booster pump or its just a trickle.
But the upgrade kit helps with water waste they say by half the waste.

When i started making water to soak the rock it moved sooo slow I upped the pressure in the house to make it work.
Had me nervous so I ordered the Booster pump for the RO/DI and turned the house back down after I made 2 Brutts of water.
Ive got the water saver upgrade kit and found that when its installed you definitely need the Booster pump or its just a trickle.
But the upgrade kit helps with water waste they say by half the waste.

Thanks for the links, I think I will grab those. I can tell I am going to need the extra RODI production

Solved all of my heat and humidity issues with this unit. Takes up a little bit of room but wow the difference it makes.
I was struggling to stay below 80 degrees in the display tank during middle of the day with lights at 50%. With this unit, I am right at 76.5-77 all day, lights full blast

IMG_7042 (2).jpeg

Back