210 Tang Reef

Little update on progress.. Tank has been cycling along perfectly and I am just about ready to begin stocking.
Had a run of bad luck with my return pump and am now on number 3. Fingers crossed, 3rd time is a charm right?

Also had time to work on my 40g QT setup. Coming along..

IMG_7092.jpeg

Well... I made an unimaginable, horrible mistake. I discovered this about 2 weeks ago and have been going back and fourth on what to do and have decided to drain the tank. I really do not see any other options...

When the tank was initially set on the stand, I shimmed it and set a level line to the tank with the intentions of planing down the stand surface. Well, I somehow forgot about the shims and the trim I attached covered it from sight. So the tank is completely full, cycled, sitting on shims :( What a stupid mistake

IMG_7252.jpeg

That really stinks hopefully some of the brains on here can help find another way

oh man - thats a LOT of weight to have like that.

I would drain, reset, refill.

I know it's a long way - but I'd be happy to lend you 2 60 gallon pickle barrels (they've been clean and being used for RODI for over 5 years) plus at least 1 brute so you could save as much water as possible.

Other than it taking a couple hours - I don't think it's a major setback. You shouldn't hurt your cycle or anything like that - the tank will probably cloud up for a day but I would think that's the only impact.

oh man - thats a LOT of weight to have like that.

I would drain, reset, refill.

I know it's a long way - but I'd be happy to lend you 2 60 gallon pickle barrels (they've been clean and being used for RODI for over 5 years) plus at least 1 brute so you could save as much water as possible.

Other than it taking a couple hours - I don't think it's a major setback. You shouldn't hurt your cycle or anything like that - the tank will probably cloud up for a day but I would think that's the only impact.
That would be a huuuge help having somewhere to put the water, I really appreciate that. Will be in touch

Everything is settling in nicely after the transfer/transfer back.
I ended up ditching the side tank entirely and used that space for a workstation, complete with mini fridge/freezer so my lazy butt doesn't have to walk to the kitchen to feed
Just ordered a quartz top for the counter so excited for that to come in.

IMG_7400.JPEG

IMG_7399.JPEG

Good move with ditching that side tank. Now you have a space to sit down and tinker.
Everything looking good.

Back