Brine/Rotifer Culturing

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
I now am the proud keeper of 3 ponies and I hope they will continue to breed as they did for the previous owner. I'd like to start culturing rotifers/brine to feed the fry once they are born. I picked up a large hatching cone and need to start trying my hand at culturing brine at first. Anyone have any experiences you'd like to share?

Here is the cone:
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
260305=14512-ad337_img232_large.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
260305=14512-ad337_img232_large.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ad337_img232_large.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Ya with rotifers.... Let me see if I can dig up the culturing info from a seahorse site that had really good how-tos doing your own rotifers and brine. (and mysid, and pods, etc)

I have rotifer and phyto cultures going now so if you need some starters let me know.

bobz;260372 wrote: I have rotifer and phyto cultures going now so if you need some starters let me know.

Bob..I might hit you up on that offer. Probably after the holidays if thats ok?

flyingarmy;260415 wrote: Bob..I might hit you up on that offer. Probably after the holidays if thats ok?

Anytime Mark! I think Bud wants me to pick up the tank he bought from you anyway.

Charlie,
You can come over any time and help me build the tank racks for the breeding tanks! i could use your advice and knowledge!

Bob

Back