Enders Mid Life Crisis Build

I added my anemone first and had no issues with cycling or anything. The nem was very healthy and happy. But after weeks and weeks of roaming the tank every night I eventually realized it wasn't going to settle down anywhere and had to find it a new home. Not always the case but more often than not. Best of luck to you

Yeah, that's why I don't really like btas. The only one I was able to make stay put was in a 15 gallon with a halide on it. After a week it had been everywhere, and was like "here's good"

My last magnifica ended up right where I figured it would ( not where I wanted it) As high up as possible, while getting a ton of flow.

I figure this one will end up dead center after I put it where I want it.

I'm working my way through the coral transfer, and the gang is already hard at work keeping them clean.
nca0YWw.jpeg

After the electricians left I had a bunch of holes to patch and called my drywall guys. While they where here I asked if they could tackle a more complex spot. And boy did they deliver!

1uOhDIB.jpeg

Guess I'll be making those doors sooner then I thought.

Update time!

Had a nice test of the generator last night and it works great. I just have to put a few things on some small battery backups for the minute it takes the generator to startup.

Im working on redoing the Closed loop controller panel.

tQeDzyX.jpg

I got all my corals cut, mounted, dipped and in the frag tank.

CXANtLl.jpg

cbXNkkw.jpg

s2E3WLi.jpg

Im still learning how to get this phone to take good pics but Im getting there.

I also got this guy in. I asked for something in the 10" range and well... its not small.

1KGfR7w.jpg

Its already opened up to totally fill the 10" basket and is sticking to food!

3WVlUlY.jpg

Few more weeks in QT and he can go to the display and I can take the QT system fully down for a revamp.

Update time!

Had a nice test of the generator last night and it works great. I just have to put a few things on some small battery backups for the minute it takes the generator to startup.

Im working on redoing the Closed loop controller panel.

tQeDzyX.jpg

I got all my corals cut, mounted, dipped and in the frag tank.

CXANtLl.jpg

cbXNkkw.jpg

s2E3WLi.jpg

Im still learning how to get this phone to take good pics but Im getting there.

I also got this guy in. I asked for something in the 10" range and well... its not small.

1KGfR7w.jpg

Its already opened up to totally fill the 10" basket and is sticking to food!

3WVlUlY.jpg

Few more weeks in QT and he can go to the display and I can take the QT system fully down for a revamp.
Absolutely love the magnifica! They've been on my list of goal species for years, still hesitant to try one. Can't wait to see how she adapts!

I stumbled upon this thread on R2R for Pacific East Aquaculture. Everyone seemed pretty happy with theirs and the color options are fantastic. They also just posted some blue squamosa clams which I am no happy about having to pass on right now.

Shot them a PM asking about something big and they delivered.

The anemone is doing great and is eating. QT will be done this week so it will be in the display to start its walkabout this weekend.

I stumbled upon this thread on R2R for Pacific East Aquaculture. Everyone seemed pretty happy with theirs and the color options are fantastic. They also just posted some blue squamosa clams which I am no happy about having to pass on right now.

Shot them a PM asking about something big and they delivered.

The anemone is doing great and is eating. QT will be done this week so it will be in the display to start its walkabout this weekend.
I will totally check them out! I've seen them advertising clams, but didn't know they did nems too!

Hey Bubba Dan
You better get ready for some space in the frag tank. LOL I'm setting up a custom 150 deep in the wall

OK it's lazy Sunday update time.

While on a very important meeting I finished up the closed loop panel wiring.

vdiQqep.jpeg

All done, and a little space left for he future raspberry pie to control the jebao pumps from the apex.
MGMyJD3.jpeg

Next up my front closed loop pipe decided to leak again so I decided to just make a new one.

k8pxEjL.jpeg

I decided to not using loc line this time but I need odd angles so I decided to try bending some 1" pipe for large outlets.

xYousJv.jpeg

Good excuse to play with my digital amputation device.

PyOYUPh.jpeg

Got a few different angles of varying levels of success to try out.

1hvdBFp.jpeg

So I'll mess with this some more before it's finalized.

And I added the mop to the tank! Took the clowns 20 minutes to investigate and dive in.

xe0EuIj.jpeg

dpMCXO2.jpeg

They mop appears to be settling in nicely.

mzuJDC3.jpeg

Now that the amenome is out, it's time. To nuke the QT and clean.

First we destroy 6 months of coralline grown and make some nice fine fiji pink sand.

6hhxNP4.jpeg

Pulling it all apart for a good cleaning and finally removing the last bits of old piping.

DRThyFe.jpeg

Thankfully I have some friends who help me move stuff for beer. Now we have some room to work with. Tanks and stand moved, old apex and power panel removed.

wsw4OPE.jpeg

I go check Mr nem and he's upside down.

YrEEnJh.jpeg

Now that I have access I can clean up the wires and get it all off the floor.

PevN5Xg.jpeg

3poBy68.jpeg

Rechecked Mr nem and he's still upside down but happy and looking like a pom pom on a stick.

A8VKs8i.jpeg

Reason 1A for the breakdown for a total cleaning.

ti6l1jr.jpeg

EnzONjS.jpeg

So everything is clean and moved out of the way. Time to start the next round of while I'm here OCD renovation.

Oh forgot a few little tid bits.

My nutrient levels are staying so low I've turned my Skimmer off for half the day. It's helping.

I'm currently dosing 180ml of alk a day and it's still not enough. So I need to get the kalk and Calcium reactors going sooner than I thought.

And thanks to that fun little storm on Thursday my whole house surge protector seems to have failed causing 3 of my halide ballast to fry and resetting my apex so I had to reprogram the whole thing again.

Never a dull moment.

Everything is looking awesome! Perhaps I'll do some cable organization today, I'm in desperate need 😅
Mag is looking wonderful! I've been sniping PEA's site waiting for a pink base/tan tentacled mag to show up... Crossing my fingers. Yours is gorgeous too, never really liked the green ones until now.
Good luck with the busted ballasts.. If I'm not mistaken, pure reef may have some used ones. Don't know enough about halides to know if they're compatible though.

I never even considered it to be green until you said that. Its technically purple with a yellow base and green tips, but when its not fully open it does look really green. I love the mags though, they really are the quintessential anemone for clown fish.

Back