February Frags...how are they doing?

Yeah, I'm thinking my Pokerstar is really a superman.

my pokerstar might be a superman as well. It is starting to get some light blue on it and the polyps are turning reddish

KRB;149640 wrote: my pokerstar might be a superman as well. It is starting to get some light blue on it and the polyps are turning reddish

Ditto. My monti cap frag is doing fine, my pavona is questionable...

I'll take a pic of my Pokerstar tonight. The flesh is a bright purple and the polys are a nice red. It's encrusting down onto the rock and quite happy under my 150W MH in my frag tank!

Pokerstars growing edge always has orange polyps. The polyps towrads the center of the colony should be green. Both superman and pokerstar have blue bases.

Realistically, when all is said and done, these likely the same species of coral, just different variants, so it is kinda a moot point anyway.

jmaneyapanda;149653 wrote: Pokerstars growing edge always has orange polyps. The polyps towrads the center of the colony should be green. Both superman and pokerstar have blue bases.

Realistically, when all is said and done, these likely the same species of coral, just different variants, so it is kinda a moot point anyway.

There is not much of an edge on these frags....but hopefully as the coral encrusts the true color of the polyps will come out.

I think it's pokerstar and rainbow that are the same, right?

It's actually kind of cool to watch it coming back from a bleached chip to a happy coral.

jmaneyapanda;149653 wrote: Pokerstars growing edge always has orange polyps. The polyps towrads the center of the colony should be green. Both superman and pokerstar have blue bases.

Common name suck. There are so many misclassifications out there, that it is impossible to sy what is what. Philip got us the corals based on there gross physical appearance. They could all the be same species, or they could all be different species. realistically, I'm leaning towarsd them being the same.

Here is my Pokerstar....its starting to show green and red polys over the blue/purple flesh.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
149878=9308-PokerStar.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
149878=9308-PokerStar.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="PokerStar.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

flyingarmy;149878 wrote: Here is my Pokerstar....its starting to show green and red polys over the blue/purple flesh.
wow that is nice...mine never looked like that in the slightest bit. Mine was a skeleton white from day one. Now its brown cant tell if its algae or doing better. Will wait and see.

Big D that would be cool let me know but I probably will break down and buy a larger piece before that happens lol

Flyingarmy and BigD....What lighting conditions are you keeping your montis under? My tiny frag is alive but doesn't appear to be growing. It's wierd b/c my sunset monti (slightly higher up in the tank under a 250W MH) grows quickly.

I have mine about 7" under a 150W 10K DE and 2X65W PC. I definitely think the Calcium Reactor and Kalk Reactor help. New pic of the PokerStar.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
151050=9426-pokerstar.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
151050=9426-pokerstar.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="pokerstar.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Here's a pic of the "pokerstar" which is clearly a "superman". In the background is a wild "superman". I like the one from the frag swap a lot more as the polyps are more widely dispersed so you can see more blue.

DSC_2928-1.jpg
alt="" />

it really kinda upsets me to know that I got a dead frag from the very beginning. Not that its anyones fault but it really is frustrating that I put all my "chips" in for that one frag and now that I compare what I got to what you guys got it sorta upsets me. Ill post a pic of the one I received from the frag meeting tonight. It hasnt changed much except gotten brown and I think its algae on it...both this frag and the pavona.

Hey Z if my frag ever decides to grow, you'll be the first person I give some to :)

Dito Ziad...even though you were late to the last meeting I'll over look the indiscretion!:shades:

Back