Joe's/Tyree Rainbow Acro

gregoryleonard

Market
Reaction score
I was fortunate to pick up a piece of this exquisite rainbow acro. Arguably one of the nicest acros around. Here's a pic. Each of the polyps develop a different colors, and the base also shows different color transitions. Can't wait for it to grow out and really show off all it's beauty.

This is Joe's Mother Colony!! Soon mine will look like that (I hope)

gregoryleonard;952169 wrote: I was fortunate to pick up a piece of this exquisite rainbow acro. Arguably one of the nicest acros around. Here's a pic. Each of the polyps develop a different colors, and the base also shows different color transitions. Can't wait for it to grow out and really show off all it's beauty.

Awesome pick up, keep us posted with pictures as it grows out. Very nice!

Atlanta Aquarium;952202 wrote: Greg, I'll take 3 polyps. :lol2:
Kidding a side, about 6 years ago I made a purchase for a frag of high end sps. I received a 5 polyp frag. It was very very small but surprisingly the frag made it.

Now that's something I've never heard. Let's start selling these rare acros by the polyp now, just like Z/Ps.

I have a couple frags growing out under a t5/metal halide combo. I'll be interested to see the differences. So far mine are a little darker but about the same size. Similar to the color in the left side. Both have encrusted so we are off to a good start. Thanks for the pics.

wildernet;952233 wrote: I have a couple frags growing out under a t5/metal halide combo. I'll be interested to see the differences. So far mine are a little darker but about the same size. Similar to the color in the left side. Both have encrusted so we are off to a good start. Thanks for the pics.
Can you post pics of yours as well? Also, Where did you get yours from?

it loves high blue light and lots of flow.in higher nutrients,it turns purple with green polyps but grows like crazy.
give it high light and low nutrients and it will color just like the stock pic

I got mine from reeferman. Gave me one but it broke in transport so now I have two. I'll get some pics when I get home.

Anyone have the joe rainbow and the vivid rainbow delight? Wondering how the 2 compare.

That is a nice fuzzy stick. I love those colors but I'm a girl and we like pretty colorful things. Lol :)

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Back