Meeting Etiquette

Ok, lets just all agree on this one fact, and then let this go-

Steve is a horrible person.

Agreed, correct?

mysterybox;368659 wrote: Oh please.............this is just common sense courtesy. If the meeting is held at a restaurant, can I still bring my bottle of wine in? It is what it is, too late now, anyway, stop whining.

Yes, it's common courtesy. I would hope our members would strive to be respecful, courteous and appreciative of the sponsors who open their doors for our meetings.

A little pre-announcement. We will be having a holiday party this year. It will be held at a restaurant. You may not bring your own food and drink to sell at this restaurant. Doesn't this announcement sound blatantly obvious and silly?? So why is it any different for a pet store?

Skriz;368669 wrote: Yes, it's common courtesy. I would hope our members would strive to be respecful, courteous and appreciative of the sponsors who open their doors for our meetings.

A little pre-announcement. We will be having a holiday party this year. It will be held at a restaurant. You may not bring your own food and drink to sell at this restaurant. Doesn't this announcement sound blatantly obvious and silly?? So why is it any different for a pet store?

Depends on the restaurant... might bring my own food to eat.

Mysterybox who are you referring to as whining?

You know some members are making some polite observations / suggestions and getting smartxxx responses back. Really did not see these coming.....

mysterybox;368659 wrote: Oh please.............this is just common sense courtesy. If the meeting is held at a restaurant, can I still bring my bottle of wine in? It is what it is, too late now, anyway, stop whining.

I guess that all depends on if your willing to pay a Corking Fee... Then Yes you may bring your own Wine in..LOL! I believe it was just the wording of the Original post that confused some. It is pretty much Common sense that you don't bring things into the Store to sell..

dyer_maker;368681 wrote: Depends on the restaurant... might bring my own food to eat.

And how much of that will you sell to the other patrons?

Will you be bringing items to Creation for your own use/consumption or to sell to other patrons?

Skriz;368693 wrote: And how much of that will you sell to the other patrons?

Will you be bringing items to Creation for your own use/consumption or to sell to other patrons?

I've been known to share. Depending upon if my son tags along I might bring his sippy although I don't think anyone would be interested in buying what he's drinking... well, I probably shouldn't just assume that.:jk:

things like this is a reason why alot of non members never join the club........

Because it's in poor taste to sell at a sponsers store is why people don't join? I guess I can see that.... On second thought, nah I don't the the logic there...

no its the fact that the pres. has to come out and remind everyone not to do these things at this kind of meeting... it is disrespectfull to the sponsor

I think Joshl (correct me if I am wrong) is saying that some folks here talk down to others who are simply expressing their own opinions in a professional / reasonable manner.

In the past, it was made clear that trading and sales during meetings at a sponsor's place of business should occur OUTSIDE of the business.

no i am saying it is disrespectful for people to sell things in the store that the sponsor has for sale like when you bring things to the meeting to sell but the meeting is at a sponsor that would make me if i was a lfs owner and a sponsor very upset would it not?

Not sure who you are addressing but I agree you would never conduct private business inside a retail business. I am just surprised at the condescending (sp?) comments that went along with the posts.

[I am just surprised at the condescending (sp?) comments that went along with the posts.[/QUOTE]

This is what i was talking about. sorry about the confusion

I'm pretty new here....

But....WOW. Maybe I'm just reading things in the wrong tone on here, but it really seems that some people are crossing the line of being rude.

I'm one of "THOSE" people that saw a posting for something and have committed to buying it at the meeting. I THOUGHT I had reasonable common sense (I've never went to Dominio's and ordered a pizza to eat with friends at Pizza Hut). I was really unsure as to how this sort of thing was handled.

I think my short-sightedness came from the fact that it is a club meeting. I never gave thought as to the fact that it was in a store. And for that I apologize. Maybe I just assumed that swapping, selling, exchanging, give aways were just a small part of what having a meeting was all about, as well as commraderie and exchanging thoughts and ideas.

I think its great that we are having the meeting in a store.....I've not been to this establishment yet and I'm looking forward not only to the information that I will pick up but also checking out somewhere new. I'm sure that there will be people purchasing from the establishment (I can't hardly walk by a saltwater store without buying at least SOMETHING.....who needs to pay the mortgage? :blush:)

Thank you to all that do what you do. My apologies for my ignorance as to the ettiquette of meetings, be it a lack of common sense (maybe Daddy was right....), short-sightedness or that old *** - U - ME (ing) thing.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Lord, I was making a very general comment about "whining", not directed at anyone in particular.

not sure how you would personally take that as condescending to you? but, hey, you can't read "inflection" of typed words.

YOU CAN SWAP, buy, sell, trade, anything in the parking lot! It's just a "heads" up on what not to do "inside" the store. I apologize if anyone was offended, IMHO, I thought this whole concept was "common knowledge".

Ralph
or<u> MR. </u>Mysterybox

Back