Meeting Etiquette

To me it sounds like you have plenty of common sense ga_daisy. Easy to get things misconstrued especially if you're new and following the lead of other ARC members that have been around the block a few times.

Deana, it will be fine to make your private party purchases at the meeting. Just make sure that you complete these transactions outside, as a symbol of respect for your host. :)

Perhaps it does seem silly to place an ettiquette warning like this up, at least until the walls of the store are lined with coolers and used equipment. :D

Sorry that I'll miss this one!

I don't think it is respectful to any Sponsor to privately buy/sell/trade corals or equipment anywhere connected to the Sponsor's place of business during an ARC Meeting, parking lot or otherwise. There are plenty of places this can be done at off the Sponsor's premises either before or after the Meeting.

Sorry if this sounds condescending to anyone, as it is not intended as such, but the above seems like common sense to me as well.

Sometimes things like this are not thought of until the last minute, so the timing of this statement by Raj doesn't bother me at all.

And Steve is a great guy (for the most part!:D).
Dave

J/K!
lighten up everyone, this is just a fish club! no worries, no stress, k?

dyer_maker;368727 wrote: To me it sounds like you have plenty of common sense ga_daisy. Easy to get things misconstrued especially if you're new and following the lead of other ARC members that have been around the block a few times.

Well...gosh thanks! :blush: Of course....if you ask family/friends they may tell you otherwise....lol

Ok, a bit off subject but something odd just happened. I'm "quoting" dyer_maker's post and there is more verbage here than what I saw in his posting.....system glitch?

As far as anyone being "offended" or "offending anyone"....again, its all perception. .....A person's perception is their own reality. As a communicator of a thought or idea it is important to consider the tone of your message and the audience that you are addressing. (lol.....this college learnin' is giving me a brain cramp!)

Me....I wasn't offended. Was just a lost ball in high weeds. I've now been found! Call off the hunt.

Woohoo, my first meeting! I'm one excited Reefer Geek.

I apologize if anybody found my comments to be condescending. It just baffles me that people would think it's acceptable to conduct business in somebody else's business.

Even though I am unable to be there, I want to thank Matt and Co. for opening their doors up for this club meeting. You know anyhow that I practically live there! Thanks again and everyone have a great time......:)

Acroholic;368732 wrote: I don't think it is respectful to any Sponsor to privately buy/sell/trade corals or equipment anywhere connected to the Sponsor's place of business during an ARC Meeting, parking lot or otherwise. There are plenty of places this can be done at off the Sponsor's premises either before or after the Meeting.

Sorry if this sounds condescending to anyone, as it is not intended as such, but the above seems like common sense to me as well.

Sometimes things like this are not thought of until the last minute, so the timing of this statement by Raj doesn't bother me at all.

And Steve is a great guy (for the most part!:D).
Dave

I agree except for the steve is a great guy lol Just kidding steve

Excellent meeting, got to learn a thing or two, and it was nice meeting some members that I hadn't met before. I would have liked to have met everyone! But had to go, just got home.
Ralph

LOL!

I thought I saw you outside, wasn't sure. As we were leaving I we walked to the right, but Either u were already gone, or I missed ya!

Back