More Problems :(

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
i keep telling myself im gonna stop ordering fish online because i dont know what it is but ive had like the worst luck imaginable lately but sometimes i see a good deal and before i know it the fish is ordered! anyway i ordered 2 fish this time from salgado aquatics in new york a naso tang and a chocolate tang they were due to arrive today by 1030am and of course the package is nowhere to be found tracking says the message below all day hasn't moved ive called ups 6 times they can tell me nothing they have taken my number to have someone call me haven't received any call i can guarantee its not coming today how long can the fish survive in the box? i really hope they can survive til tomorrow if thats when they will be delivered

whats funny is the suns been out all day there hasnt been any severe weather

In Transit06/30/2020 7:00 A.M.Hapeville, GA, United StatesSevere weather conditions have delayed delivery. / Your shipment is scheduled to arrive today after the delivery commitment time.

Sorry to hear that. I had 2 packages coming to the house delayed and several to work also delayed from ups

Sorry to hear that.

To answer your question; there are a lot of variables that will significantly affect the answer.

Primarily, how large is each fish? And how large is the bag they are in? Also, were they packaged with oxygen, or with air? If it’s a big fish in a small bag, they’ll last a couple hours. If it’s a small fish in a big bag, I wouldn’t be surprised if it could last up to a few days.

Good luck! Praying for you and the new fishies.

all the info i have is the box is 30 lbs the naso tang is about 6 inches and the chocolate tang is about 5 inches

I did speak with the shipper he told me to call ups and ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them theres live fish in the box but that didnt help nobody has called me i cant blame him thou this is totally ups's fault ill ask him how the fish were shipped was it oxygen or air

Well its 1034 fish were supposed to be here by 1030am its out for delivery but still not here

the fish just arrived! and are still alive in the bags :clapa: i will post pictures after im done temp acclimating them
Good deal!

Can you aerate the water in the bags at all. Once you open them the bound CO2 could be a problem. Might even put a few drops of Prime in there in case there's some ammonia.

Good deal!

Can you aerate the water in the bags at all. Once you open them the bound CO2 could be a problem. Might even put a few drops of Prime in there in case there's some ammonia.
Yea i had no prime on hand and thats what i was afraid of so this time i just temp acclimated them and dropped them in i match the salinity of whoever the shipper is anyway

Best of luck with the fish. I hope you don't have any issues!
im not taking any chances this time i changed my QT protocol a bit i decided to drop all fish straight into 1.0ppm copper power and metro on day 1 and slowly ramp up to 2.0ppm i never used copper before unless the fish needed it but since my last fish i ordered online all had some myserious illness and died in QT one by one not tryin to go through that again

im not taking any chances this time i changed my QT protocol a bit i decided to drop all fish straight into 1.0ppm copper power and metro on day 1 and slowly ramp up to 2.0ppm i never used copper before unless the fish needed it but since my last fish i ordered online all had some myserious illness and died in QT one by one not tryin to go through that again
Lights out right now and limited activity around the tank will help lower stress and get them settled in. After that try getting them to eat before raising the copper level any more. Copper suppresses appetite and you want them eating asap.

Lights out right now and limited activity around the tank will help lower stress and get them settled in. After that try getting them to eat before raising the copper level any more. Copper suppresses appetite and you want them eating asap.
Yea i always keep the lights off to let the fish settle in especially in this case since they were in that box for so long

FedEx nor UPS care if a live animal is in the box. when I finally talk to an individual and they tell me they will call me back they never do, never. I even told someone you will not call me back, after they told me they would call me back. Guess what? they did not call me back. Seems with all that tracking they could find a box.

the shipper shipped them really well no water leaked out and they still had air in the bag he used oxygen

They may have a little damage on the outside of their cheeks from banging around in those bags for 2 days but other then that they look really healthy so far may be nothing they are hiding from me so I can't really get a good look

Attachments

• 1585573-c270958df2e9bba0bda0013daf8a0640.jpg
    1585573-c270958df2e9bba0bda0013daf8a0640.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 1585574-17d50de6f5869ca7d6f0f9fade1ca3e4.jpg
    1585574-17d50de6f5869ca7d6f0f9fade1ca3e4.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 29
They may have a little damage on the outside of their cheeks from banging around in those bags for 2 days but other then that they look really healthy so far may be nothing they are hiding from me so I can't really get a good look
Have you got them to eat yet?

Back